Bell Housing Review - Powerglide + 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nath

Hi,
I have just received a new bell housing to attach a Holden (Australian version of the Chev Powerglide with a detachable bell housing) Powerglide 2 speed Auto to our beautiful 1UZ-FE and thought I'd give some thoughts on it.

It's bloody Great! It is built very sturdy out of cast alloy with the engine plate approx an inch and a half thick. I have not yet attached it to my engine but it fitted perfectly to the Powerglide. Please note my powerglide is just the case at the moment, I'm awaiting some guts for it.

It's bloody heavy. Not sure if this is normal but the Chev bell housing I got with the powerglide is about 3 times lighter. Heavy I guess = strong and as I'm using mine for drag racing that should be good if the stall convertor ever gave way.

It cost me including postage local to Sydney inc GST = $465.00

I think that is a good deal. I am guessing they would ship worldwide. They have other boxes available for our engine too. Check out their website.
http://www.dellowauto.com.au

I will post pics here as soon as I get some.

Cheers,
Nath

I had my adapter plate made it fits the 1uz bellhousing to powerglide I just took the both of them to an engineering place and it only cost $200

I never had the luxury of owning a 1uz bell housing and the chev one which came with the powerglide was bottomless. This bell housing I got is totally enclosed and much safer for drag racing. Nath

Attachments

• engine10070401.jpg
    engine10070401.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1