Aussie members near Sydney.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TundraEddie

I'm staying at a hotel (Mercure) in Darling Harbour until this Friday,then over to my aunt's home in Castle Hill. I've been shopping and touring Sydney since I arrived this past Sunday. This is a great city,and I am loving this "winter" weather. I'm definitely not missing the hot weather we're having in my part of the US,and my hands and arms have never stayed so clean (I'm an auto technician) LOL. I'm coming to you live from a grocery store/internet access place across the street from my hotel.

Are there any car shows or drag races going on this weekend,near Castle Hill? I'm not sure what my aunt 'n uncle have planned yet,but I'd like to find a Toyota dealer so I can price a pair of Landcruiser Prado taillights.

Tundra Eddie,

Go to Castle Hill Toyota in Victoria Avenue Castle Hill and speak to James.

James and Castle Hill Toyota are the best local supplier of parts for the import engines we use over here. Tell him you're from the Lextreme Website and you've travelled all the way from the States to see him!

You never know he may give you a discount.

My 79 year old Mum returns from Europe on Friday and as she turns 80 on Sunday I can't offer to catch up. Pity being a 4x4 person it would have been interesting.

I don't know of any car shows or Drag racing. We only have one drag strip in Sydney.

dammit i posted this nice big long reply, and it damn well got wiped.......

BAAAASICALLY....

# every wednesday night there is the off street drag racing in Eastern Creek (WSID). Really worth while going and checking out the REAL modified car scene in sydney.

# every friday night at the Rocks under the harbour bridge you will see heaps of riced cars do laps. Occasionally there is a serious performance car ;-)

# Toymods Car Club is teh sheet. One of the biggest Toyota based car clubs in Australia..... There are a few events upcoming which might be worth checking out if you are still in town. There's a car cruise this sunday the 21st aug for instance....

when are you in SYdney until???

Chuck me a PM or email [email protected] if you want some further info....

Attachments

• Intercooler.jpg
    Intercooler.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 6
  • Intercooler - ruler.jpg
    Intercooler - ruler.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 6
I'm @ Castle Hill now,on a dialup connection (aargh)

Looks like I won't have time to check out any car-related stuff,my family here have been taking us around the sights. The Toymods car show sounds like a great event,but my return flight is this Friday :(

Yup,there's always a next time. I plan on visiting again next year,around the same time too. Only this time no sightseeing with family...I want to get drunk with the locals and check out WSID.

Dave PM me your address so I can send the shirt out.

Not sure whether you have heard or not but Aussies are proficient at getting drunk.

Come to think of it, we take pride in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cobra said:
Not sure whether you have heard or not but Aussies are proficient at getting drunk.

Come to think of it, we take pride in it.
Yes that's what I've been told LOL.

By the way,I'm Aussie by birth,but have no memory of Brisbane since we moved while I was still a baby. I didn't get a chance to visit so that's part of next year's holiday (hey I'm starting to speak like an Aussie haha).

Brisbane is known as the World's largest village.

Pass on it and concentrate on Sydney.

Miles of fun, and yes we will look after you, that is until we can't look after ourselves!

Give us some lead time next visit.