Any Plug-in/Chips solutions avaliable for 1uz (Celsior)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Z2TT

Hi,

I have a Toyota Celsior and wanting to get more power of it but there doesn't seem to be any options avaliable short of a Mines ECU that is $3000 or so.

I'm wondering if anybody makes modded ECU's, or Plug-in Solutions to give some extra power to suit a Celsior (Not sure if it's the same ecu as the US LS400)

Thanks.

There isn't anything you can do the ECU directly, other than remove the speed limiter, that will give you more power.

An interceptor may be your best way but you need to ensure the ECU can't override the interceptor.

Aftermarket ECU is the real answer then your car is technically illegal in Australia.

Our EPA is down on modded cars and they are illegal if you modify the inlet or exhaust and or change the ECU or it's factory parrameters.

Whilst we all do what we want it is possible to be de-registered if we are caught.

You can submit the car to an EPA test (which can range in price from a few hundred Dollars to several thousand dollars depending on where you live. If your car passes the ECU must be locked in such a manner that the owner can't change any settings.

Car industry will be sheit in ten years in Australia
The govt are assasss holes
Don't waste your money on mines sheit
You can spend 4 grand and get abit of power
Or spend 8 grand and make shiploads o power
So basically decide your limit of money u want to spend

My twin turbo Ford is running Haltech which is engineered for my car..
I have to have certificate in car all the time...
The ECU is NOT locked.. But can be..
No one would know either way anyway..
As my tuner says .. If its running and tuned properly...
It should pass EPA..
If your car is modded ??
Don't run noisy exhaust or super low suspension etc..
The last thing you want to do is draw the crabs on yourself /car !!!

In most cases a cheap ECU is better than Unischip..

Can the OP state where he lives so better info can be given...

In the U.S there are chip burners etc

Last edited:
Our EPA is down on modded cars and they are illegal if you modify the inlet or exhaust and or change the ECU or it's factory parrameters.

Whilst we all do what we want it is possible to be de-registered if we are caught.

You can submit the car to an EPA test (which can range in price from a few hundred Dollars to several thousand dollars depending on where you live. If your car passes the ECU must be locked in such a manner that the owner can't change any settings.
Depends on your state.

In WA its only a 5 gas test ($100ish) and providing that passes, any mod you like is legal (cams, ecu, exhaust, intake, turbo, supercharger, etc).

No requirement to lock, no requirement to be subjected to a $1000 IM240 test.

The police do reserve the right to make you get a retest at their discretion though... ;)