Another pewrson from Aus seeking help with the standard radio in a Celsior/ls400.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Celsior_aussie

Another person from Aus seeking help with the standard radio in a Celsior/ls400.

Heya guys n gals,
I have just bought a Celsior/ls400, it has the rear radio controls and TV. I dont like my chances of getting the TV to work but the radio i want to work. On both the front and rear controls it has "RCS" on the display. if i press a button it goes away for a sec and makes static noise then comes straight back on again. Anyone know what the hell this means, or know where i can get an english copy of the owners manual.
cheers Dan

Hi Dan , you might not want to hear this but the best way to go is to replace the front radio unit , I never had mine working when I got the car and I just went and put a Pioneer MP3 player in it with a nice toyota draw/extra cup holder to fill up the double din space , anyhow a mate of mine just bought an imaculate Celsior and like me he's running the standard speakers and from the stations on the radio he can get and from any CD's he plays his sound is rubbish !!
I never had anything to compare it with but now I do , you'd swear my car had different speakers in it the difference is so pronounced !!
This also eliminates the hassle of trying to get the radio working on FM to Aus frequencies .
I've no doubt the stereo was great in 1989 but thats 17 years ago !!
Time to move on .

Yeah i was sorta hoping i could get a short term fix for it until i could find the time to pull all the speakers out and change them aswell as the deck. Is the stacker compatible with other pioneer head units?

No it's not compatible with the original stacker and has no need to be , with MP3 format you can get arond 200 songs on the one disc so with that being more than the stacker cpould give you why bother ?

I got an on special Pioneer head unit from AutoBarn that normally retails for $500.00 for $275.00 and with installation it came out at $340.00 odd all up , they took just over an hour to install it and it came with a 5 year warranty on the player and a life time warranty on the installation , how good is that !!
It sounds terrific with the standard speakers but later on I will install an amp and new speakers as well .

yeah this is true, well anyone want a standard deck and stacker? hahaha Well i may aswell change the LCD screen on the climate control while im at it hey. Thanks for your help guys. I'll get some pics of the beast up when i finally pick it up from compliance and registration.

Not sure about the LCD screen head units fellas, but I have a 92LS aussie delivered, and have the original unit and stacker in it, have to say it is one of the clearest and best cleanest sounding car units i have ever heard. So not sure what the go with the sound in the celsiors... As per all of these things the bass is adequate, but hey i can cruise at 200+kph without having to turn it up, it cant be doing too bad no? (btw im in the NT, so 230kph is legal here) :)