Another manualing of UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

adxx

At first it was intended to go in AE86 Hachiroku, but now one of the UZA70 dreamers bought it already. It is UZ and W58 bellhousing combo. Looks sexy:
CIMG2007.JPG

CIMG2008.JPG

CIMG2009.JPG

Flywheel will be based on 2C flywheel, lightened with the gear replaced with the original UZ one.
Clutch will be ceramic hand made.

Attachments

• chrimas twins.jpg
    chrimas twins.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1
WOW.. i REALLY like this idea!
this is what I was looking to do before SuperRunner started on making a kit for the 1uz-r154/w58
I imagine you used the bell that was attached to the w58 and welded it to an aluminum spacer and then just cut the section of the bell housing attached to the auto box on the 1uz.. VERY KOOL!
with a capital K because c's just dont cut it!
when it comes to a clutch and stuff how are you going to tackle that?
i'm told that custom clutch kits are kind of expensive.. or is it something you're designing to be able to use supra stuff and i guess a custom flywheel?

Actuially - this is my firend's AE86+1UZ manual trannsmission project.
The hardest thing - is to align W58 back part of bellhousing and 1UZ front part bellhousing, as it will cause lots of problem if mistake occures. Anyway, he got technology (somewhat? - I don't know) to align it properly.

Next - flywheel.
Still under consideration. At first sight from the junk laying arund - 2C flywheel lightened and redrilled holes shold fit. Just few bits with engage gear, but he plans to take UZ auto flywheel, take engage gear off auto flywheel and pull it to properly machined 2C flywheel.
Thats it!

Clutch. Have no idea what's he planning to do.
And taking into account the fact that he is "ceramic clutch man" here in Vladivostok, so I don't expect him facing problems with clutch.

As I am auto addicted, so I don't know details. And when I saw the stuff - I wanted this!!!! The good side is that bellfousing can be mashined within a day if both UZ and W58 bellhousings available. May be a week more on clutch, and that's it!!! Upon finishing my uzz20 dream, I plan this as the first mod.:Eyecrazy:

Update to the thread:
as I already wrote - flywheel is fabricated from 2C flywheel.
It was lightened, and Auto flywheel gear installed.
New holes were drilled to fit 1UZ crankshaft bolts.
Here we go:
PIC-0117.jpg

and:
PIC-0116.jpg

2 All^ flywheel has not been tested yet. I will update as soon as info becomes available.

I would like to know more about this 1uz corolla got any pics? or is the project off?
It is just suspended. Hopefully in a couple of month something will be done.
Now it is just a good shape AE85 body (or 86?) and Toyota Crown Mjesta 1UZ engine nearby.