another FJ40 nut

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sparky195

Hey guys, found your forum from a landcruiser forum, its pretty cool and informative.

I was wondering if any of you had some ideas on a V8 swap for my FJ40. I realize there is a few other threads pretty much on the same subject but I am starting from scratch and needed some different ideas. I would like to stay with a standard tranny if at all possible and i would also like to use the 2uz but i realize it would probably be easier and cheaper to use the 1uz. Any ideas on motor, tranny, transfercase combos and any companies that have adapters to make this as painless as possible would be much appriciated. Thanks you guys for your time and knowledge

Peewee said:
What tranny do you currently have?
R150F?

FJ40 definatlely wont have the R150

Your easiest of the shelf way of adaption will be to go auto with a T700r4

Castlemain Rod Shop T700r4 adaptor - www.rodshop.com.au

Then adaptor the T700r4 to transfer case of your choice, D300, Toy etc From say Advance Adaptors

Thanks for the reply guys. To answer your questions Peewee, I don't have a motor or tranny yet I'm still searching out info before I purchase but I was wondering about the R150F and if it would be strong enough to hold up to the power of a V8 and if it could will it bolt up to a 1uz. Thanks for the lead Bubs I will deffinetly check that out