air intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

azza118

on the 1uz motor there is a black plastic pipe before the throttle body, under neath this pipe there is another black plastic airbox that is connected to the pipe, does anyone know what it is for and if u need to keep it. thanks

Do you mean the silencer? It's a black section connected to the underside of the intake.

There's a test somewhere that shows by removing the intake silencer and replacing it with a piece of piping, you actually lose power on stock engines! so if you don't need it gone, leave it.

It didn't fit for my conversion so I cut the back section of it off to clear the break booster, then plastic welded the hole closed.

yeah? whats it do? silencer?? just wondering if i should remove it and run my intake pipeing from the throttle body straight to the air box or start my pipeing from the plastic tube. it sits almost on the rocker cover ud think it would heat up the air as its going into the throtle body tho.

The correct name for that box is a Hermholz chamber.

It minimisies pressure waves moving up and down the inlet tract. Plus it also muffles some of the inlet noise.

Removing it won't give you any benefit other than a little more intake noise. Which isn't all bad but you will lose a horsepower or two in different parts of the revband.