Accessory Belt Replacement 4.7 Tundra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ericj516

anyone got any tricks???? I know the tensioner is a left hand screw but is there anyway of getting around taking the fan & shroud off???? I talked to one of the guys at Toyota, he said to use a pry bar to release the tensioner.... doesn't look like you can.

The tensioner can be release with a 14mm socket. I believe its clockwise, but i am not 100%. If you can reach the 14 mm bolt, i dont think u need to take out the fan or the shroud. The belt is larger then the fan, therefore the belt can easy go over the fan.

To release tensioner it goes counter-clockwise.

If a socket is too deep (that is hits the fan) use a longish 14mm ring spanner.

Is this the only thing I have to do? It's not spring loaded or anything? Then to put it back together, I just have to re-install the tensioner pulley?

belt tentioner

hi ericj516, the tensioner is spring loaded, as Zuffen said use a 14mm spanner and turn anticlockwise, the pulley does not need to come off, it just moves down and releases the belt, and anticlockwise moves it down again to fit the new belt
Regards
Lambo

After looking at my car today. Its confirmed that its CCW. Use your left hand to pull the socket and use your right hand to pull the belt out. The 14mm can not be too long and too short.