A431e - Shifter Postions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

DragonEddy

Hi guys,

Another A431e question.

I google'd(is that even a word) images for a LS400 shifter console and what I got was the following.
P
R
N
D
L

I mentioned before that i have a faulty A solenoid, either wiring or actual solenoid, but in the end its not working. From pull away the car goes 4th then 3rd then 3rd then 4th and if you look at shifting logic that corresponds to dead A solenoid...anyway...not my question.

My question is : I now pull away putting the car in "1" position, then I shift it to 2 and then D for 3 and 4 (i know its not ideal but I need a break from working on that specific build and focus on other builds). But when I try and pull away from "2" position it feels more like the car is in 3rd, I want to do this because the car has oodles of power and weighs less than one ton. Is this my Imagination that it feels like 3rd or does the "2" position relate more to "high" where it locks the car in 3rd? My dad used to have a car with a H on it and that is what it did, locks the car in 3rd and that was perfect when going up a hill to stop the transmission shifting up and down then we were towing.

I hope this makes sense..

Regards

Dirk

Last edited:
With shifter in D position, actual transmission range may be 3 or 4 depending on the o/d button position. 2 is always 2 and L is always 1.