A thread for Questions that do not deserve their own thread.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lexplay

i hate starting new threads just to ask simple little questions so find these threads very handy.
ill kick it off,

im currently doing all the intercooler pipe work on my sc400 and was wondering what the two breather lines coming out of my power steering pump and going into the intake are for,
has anyone come across these before? if so do you think it would matter if i just let them vent to atmosphere??

also
im now running Rush extractors, the exhaust probes that bolted in after the cats on the stock system, has anyone just chopped these of or do i need to bypass them or are they need for the stock ecu?

I think those two lines are there to increase the idle when the power steering is operated. So basicly it's an bypass of the throttle body. On newer cars this is usually done by the ecu, with a pressure sensor/switch on the power steering lines.

As said above Idle up for power steer and without it the engine will occasionally stall at full lock lower revs.

Probes are also commonly referred to as "Sub O2s" which on post '94 models(I think) actually are (4 wire there, sideshow might be able to correct/confirm). I run a '91 Soarer engine in the Surf with no subs and aside from eating a bit more fuel than one would like there are no codes or issues. Mind you when you have a Lexus in a Surf you tend to give it a bit of stick so fuel economy does go out the door

cheers guys, i think ill leave the vac lines of the pump just venting atm, should be right.

i have just tied the probes up out the way for now and see how it goes.

ive had some good progress lately and should be boosting in no time,

another question, has anyone wired thermo fans into the fuse box somewhere for the stock temp sensors to control the thermo fans? or how have you guys wired them up?
im sick of past cars having them on a switch and forgetting to turn them on or wired to ignition and always on

im going with a 3.33 inch pulley on the vortech v2. all guess work no matter how hard you try to calculate it but im hoping for around 8 to 10 psi hopefully no more or im sure ill see some pingpingpingping

Where does everyone buy gaskets from in AUS?
I have tried all my normal suppliers, and the best they can come up with is a full gasket set.
The only other ones I have seen are the over priced Ebay ones and the suspect quality Ebay ones from the states, Bullet also list a few misc gaskets and a full set, I havent priced Toyota yet.
I only need a VRS set.

Try Precision International, Use them quite a bit and they have a good range of 1UZ parts at good prices, branches in most State capitals (and NZ but not US). Also if you can't get a VRS set as such the spark plug tube seals and valve stem seals are the same as the 4A-FE engine so I usually just get those and a set of rocker cover gaskets then paint the tin inlet manifold gaskets prior to install. Toyota now seem to be reluctant to supply 1UZ parts so for genuine I'm having to go thru Lexus (not that it makes any difference in pricing)

I ended up getting the gaskets from Bullet, for the same reoccurring theme.
I sent out 3 emails, Bullet replied straight away, I still haven't heard from the other 2.
Plus they supply genuine gaskets for almost half the price I could buy them from Toyota, at trade price. Toyota told me most of the gaskets were x Japan.

Try Precision International, Use them quite a bit and they have a good range of 1UZ parts at good prices, branches in most State capitals (and NZ but not US). Also if you can't get a VRS set as such the spark plug tube seals and valve stem seals are the same as the 4A-FE engine so I usually just get those and a set of rocker cover gaskets then paint the tin inlet manifold gaskets prior to install. Toyota now seem to be reluctant to supply 1UZ parts so for genuine I'm having to go thru Lexus (not that it makes any difference in pricing)
that in sydney ?
website
?