A KIWI question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gents,

I've driven the road from Auckland to Hamilton a number of times and each time I try to count the white crosses on the roadside.

Whilst I always forget to count them all I guess there must be 80-100 on that stretch of road from the end of the freeway to Hamilton.

Does anyone know how many there are as I have never seen so many on any other road anywhere in the world.

Cross's On The Roadside

Zuffen, yer its not a good place to drive, the govt made the local councils take them down, something about not a good look for tourists, i thought the crosses were a good idea, it's a very dangerous piece of road almost as bad as the road to Thames/ Coromandel, Mangatapherie, sorryfor spelling, at least the crosses made some idiots slow down.

Regards
Lambo

As a tourist I was intrigued by them.

We have a few around Australia but not the shrines you see in parts of Europe.

Personally I think the Government should paint a big cross on the road at every fatal accident spot and that may make some people realise we do die on the road.

And it isn't always the fast or young driver at fault. I see some real scary stuff on the raod.

As an insurer I prefer drivers with a few speeding fines over drivers with a few accidents behind them! You should read some claim forms.

I also think our speed limits are too low in the country areas leading to driver fatigue due to it taking so long to get anywhere.