A 1uz-fe - V160 clutch for everyone! We're in business now...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
C

cowboy bebop

Edit: It appears the 2jz-gte clutch will be the best option for the swap since the 2jz is a pull type, and the 3sgte is a push type. Thanks to Turboandrew for the great catch.

Great news guys,

I've talked today with a tuner/ machine shop about the flywheel/clutch options we've been exploring with the 1uz and the V160. They are ALL FOR modifying the 2jz-gte flywheel/clutch to fit the 1uz, and work with the V160. This shop has years of EXTENSIVE experience with the 1uz, knows what it takes to mate the V160 to the V8.

There are two options....

1. Supply the shop the 2jz-gte flywheel/clutch of your choice, they machine the needed areas, then they ship the clutch out to your door.

2. Purchase the 2jz-gte clutch of your choice from the shop itself, and they will machine the necessary areas to ensure that it will function with the V160.

Guys, it's all coming together. Remember, you get a fool proof clutch that is guaranteed to work with your 1uz - V160 swap.

PM me for details on this!

Eric

Are you guys going to be putting out a price list anytime soon? So we can see if it is worth buying a clutch/flywheel combo on ebay and then sending it to the shop or buying it directly from them? Also will you have to provide your own ring gear or there is one thrown in with the clutch and flywheel? Later

Hi Philly,

We'll put up a price breakdown for the machining soon, but it won't be all that much. If you already have an affordable clutch in mind, it may be more cost effective to buy that one and let the machine shop adjust it to work with the 1uz/V160 combo. There's no need to pay more than you have to. : ) The ring gear can be gotten from any recyling center by way of a flexplate, or ebay wil have them somtimes for aroud $10.00. I know though that you're overseas, so we certainly can locate one for you and have it installed.

Not a problem. : )

Eric

Is anyone interested in something like this?

Eric

Hi Benn,

The R154 clutch should be able to be modified to work with the 1uz in that the flywheel bolt holes can be slotted to fit the 1uz crank, and the 1uz ring gear can be attached. It should be no more difficult than a V160. And cost should be the same.

Thanks Benn!

Eric

The r154 clutch has 6 or 7 holes (cant remember, i have the flywheel sitting at my house), so youd have to redrill the flywheel, and on the 1uz the holes are further from the center and if you drill it, it wont be on the flat part of the r154 flywheel.

Are you sure about the R154 flywheel being 6-7 bolts? There's a few 1jz flywheels online (ebay, google image search) that are the proper 8 bolt configuration.

Eric

6 bolts?:sorry:

engine_back01.jpg
http://www.underground-racing.ch/picz/engine_back01.jpg

Use the R154 clutch that fits the 1jz-gte. They are 8 bolt from what I see.

Eric

It's the way to go.... a 2jz-gte clutch with slotted bolt holes and 1uz ring gear. I've measured to see how far the bolt holes can be slotted and they will work fine. Also the the 2jz ring gear can be taken down, and the 1uz ring gear welded on. If someone has a 1jz clutch, it will work just fine also. Couple all of this with the fact that both clutches are pull type, and this method is a winner!

Eric

I'll call tomorrow to get a cost on machining/ welding, but a clutch price can be found from any major retailer to give you an idea. My guess would be around 400 usd for modifying the flywheel bolt holes and welding the ring gear.

Thanks man!

Eric

Cowboy,

What clutch would you reccomend for not breaking the bank and holding atleast 500-550rwhp in the V160? Cant seem to find one?:shrug:

one thing id like to chime in about- is the fly wheel.. i have access to small "button "type flywheels.. i can get these for a very reasonable about 200.. they are specificaly for the 1uz--these do require you to also use the existing flexplate from the 1uz--so no starter/ringgear issues..

these are "lightweight" about 5 lbs versus the about 30 lbs original toyota flywheel..
being lightweight--they will have the same good and bad points that the supra guys experience. at idle, the trans may be noisy--this is because the orignal "dual mass" heavy wheel dampens pulses, the new light flywheels dont... some guys dont mind the noise-some guys hate it..
but it does "free up" hp--much less rotating mass..
along with these flywheels,, are available many types of clutches--from 4.5 inch triple disc setups to 8.5 inch singles--from organic-mettalic--and even carbon..again,, some are very reasonable.. and all are rebuildable..
so all in all,, once guys start putting the v8 and the manual gearboxes together,, they will have a great variety of options..