Project Thread 93 SC400 Project car (500 WHP goal)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Maglin

Well I have it apon me to build a 500 HP SC400. I'm going back and forth on wheather to drop in a 2jz-gte with basicly a set of cams and springs and run either a GT40R/T-67/HX-40 with an AEM. Or build the 1UZFE and go with a Single turbo again probably only consider the T-67 or HX-40. The problem is that I'm faced with a budget of only $8,000. I'm not to sure what kind of EMS to run with the 1UZ. The added costs and hassle of the motor swap almost puts it in the same catagory as the 1UZ build.

This is a DD car and it's not mine. I've built a 3rd gen RX7's and several DSM's. Their's not option for when when it comes to FI. It's turbo all the way and perferably Single for ease of maintance and reduction of possible boost leaks. I'm looking for some idea's on parts and which might be a better way to go. As far as building a bullet proof 2jz it was almost $16K completed including various labor. The 1UZ was almost the same with a built motor and custom fabricated turbo kit. I was more partial to the 2JZ cause I know of their reliability at this modest power level. I'll gladly take any suggestion's any might have to offer. I'll post a parts list of what I'm looking at and not being a Toyota guy I just want to make sure that I'm getting the right parts for this build.

500 h.p can be made with std engine..Though I would add aftermarket rods and lower comp pistons.. So I can rest easy..
You'll have to at least change the valve springs..
I'm at present swapping in some shimless buckets from Echo 4 cyl engine, Kelford cams, forged rotating assembly
and S474 Airwerks turbo..On a 2500 Lb strictly strip car..
Have at least 6 months to go..

If you're looking for 500 bhp, then a stock motor can handle that quite easy. I ran 9 psi that's guestimated at around 340 rwhp or 475 bhp last time. But if you're looking for 500 rwhp, then you'll need to beef up the internals. The cheap route is Cometic head gaskets and ARP head studs. I'm going for this round. I leave everything else stock except the bigger injectors and the AEM FI/C piggy back ECU. http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=116/ The Split Second ECU is also an alternative. http://www.splitsec.com/. Maybe the Greddy E-Ultimate, too. There're some standalone ECUs out there but they always cost around $1500 and up.

If you can fab up a turbo kit by yourself, then yes $8000 is enough for the build. You may check here for some beefed up parts: http://www.lextreme.com/allgo.html

The customer decided to up the budget by a very large margin. Going to end up putting the 2JZ-GTE w/ the 6 speed tranny. Building the 2JZ with CP pistons and Paulter rods. Running a GT4094R single turbo with the AEM EMS. Along with a suspension, Veilside body kit, Probably Forgeline wheels the build up is almost $30K. But it's going to be a very very clean car putting down 550ish RWHP on pump gas. I will have a 1UZ sitting around after this with an auto on it. Maybe I'll turbo it with a HX52 or H1E turbo I have sitting around and build a 1UZ sandrail or something fun like that.

Thank you for the relies. If we do actually decide to kept the 1UZ then I'm going to go single turbo with it and get a full rotating assembly from Lextreme for it.

The customer decided to up the budget by a very large margin. Going to end up putting the 2JZ-GTE w/ the 6 speed tranny. Building the 2JZ with CP pistons and Paulter rods. Running a GT4094R single turbo with the AEM EMS. Along with a suspension, Veilside body kit, Probably Forgeline wheels the build up is almost $30K. But it's going to be a very very clean car putting down 550ish RWHP on pump gas. I will have a 1UZ sitting around after this with an auto on it. Maybe I'll turbo it with a HX52 or H1E turbo I have sitting around and build a 1UZ sandrail or something fun like that.

Thank you for the relies. If we do actually decide to kept the 1UZ then I'm going to go single turbo with it and get a full rotating assembly from Lextreme for it.
2JZGTE is a very good engine and I was told its stock pistons and rods can handle up to 800 rwhp. I don't understand why you have to change them out. I think if you change them, then perhaps you may stroke the engine to 3.3 L to eliminate some turbo lag. :biggrin: Anyway, the 1UZ is a very good engine, too. So you have both worlds to live in.

Well I have it apon me to build a 500 HP SC400. I'm going back and forth on wheather to drop in a 2jz-gte with basicly a set of cams and springs and run either a GT40R/T-67/HX-40 with an AEM. Or build the 1UZFE and go with a Single turbo again probably only consider the T-67 or HX-40. The problem is that I'm faced with a budget of only $8,000. I'm not to sure what kind of EMS to run with the 1UZ. The added costs and hassle of the motor swap almost puts it in the same catagory as the 1UZ build.

This is a DD car and it's not mine. I've built a 3rd gen RX7's and several DSM's. Their's not option for when when it comes to FI. It's turbo all the way and perferably Single for ease of maintance and reduction of possible boost leaks. I'm looking for some idea's on parts and which might be a better way to go. As far as building a bullet proof 2jz it was almost $16K completed including various labor. The 1UZ was almost the same with a built motor and custom fabricated turbo kit. I was more partial to the 2JZ cause I know of their reliability at this modest power level. I'll gladly take any suggestion's any might have to offer. I'll post a parts list of what I'm looking at and not being a Toyota guy I just want to make sure that I'm getting the right parts for this build.

I notice you are in Wichita. I am in hutchinson, I have a boosted 1uz going together right now.