91 LS400 fuel tank

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

wanrus

I am looking for a replacement tank for my LS400. Its a 1991 and I'm having a helluva time trying to find any parts. Anyone know of somewhere in INDY or a good website. Also if anyone knows what other parts are interchangeable with the LS...such as the hood...etc????

LS400

brickyard imports in Mooresville has several LS400s. take 70w from Indy then call. Its hard to find. I've got both passenger doors (92 Ls400)and fairly new front and rear brakes. Also i have a good steering shock.

While we are on the subject of fuel tanks, i am trying to find a couple of small tanks for my project, i am looking for something i can remove from a road car,spent the weekend at pickapart but no luck, what i need is something about 700 long, 400 wide, and 150 high with top filler
or another way to go would be 600- 700 long , 250-300 wide and 150 high, i thought i had found the answer under a Subaru legacy, all looked good it looked like one each side till i found they joined together over the diff, anothe r thought was jag xjs, does anyone know how many litres they hold, because when i saw one 6 months ago it looked a possiable, maybe be there is something in a 4wd of some sort, any thoughts appreciated.

Regards
Lambo

tank

Lambo, here's my modified LS400 fuel tank. I re configured the filler neck to fill inside the trunk with all Lexus wiring and fuel lines. Perfect fit for the E30 BMW. Of course I cut the spare tire compartment out and welded a plate over it and cut the two holes for the lines to drop down. The lines drop down by the rear end but what I ended up doing was to have the tank tilted just enough that the connections are all inside the trunk and the lines are snug against the underside of the car. The Lexus tank is great since its totally enclosed in the Lexus and kept away from all outside elements. Its like using a new tank. I let it air out for several months before welding on it, so it wouldn't blow up. You should consider using it. I will measure it if you wish.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/tempeheat/Picture106.jpg

Hi tempheat Thanks for the reply and the picture, i have 2 of those tanks already but they are to big to fit in the space i have, today i was told a E30 bmw has two tanks linked together with a pipe somehow, is this correct, i guess its back to Pickapart tomorrow to have a look at one.

regards
Lambo

yes

the E30 tank stradles the driveshaft directly under the passenger seat. Its all one piece but i think it has two tanks connected by lines. i believe there's a 7" wide area above the driveshaft that has no fuel in it. I've already sent mine to the salvage yard. but here is the measurements i just took from where it use to be. each side of the drivshaft is approx.
9" tall x 20" wide x 13" front to back.
from side to side there is approx. 47" in total of space where the tank use to sit. the seat floor angles up and I think the tank may be conformed to that so the height might be around an inch lower towards the rear of the tank. the E30 runs two fuel pumps one boost and one in the tank. but you can change that i'm sure. i wasn't thrilled about having 2 pumps.
sorry i didn't put these in metrics. i just realized that after writing this.
it sounds like this tank its just like the Subaru tank you already looked at.

Well i crawled under the e30 today and the tanks appear to join the two tanks at the top, i would guess that the join is about 7-8" long. I assume its hollow to allow fuel from one side to the other, nothing a hacksaw won't prove, the passanger side tank is smaller and would be usable i just need 2 of them, luckily the moron who emptys the tanks punched a hole in the drivers side only .
So tomorrow it will be worth pulling it from the car and finding out what makes it tick, i ran out of time the driveshaft will need to come out.
The tank is made of plastic so that will rule out welding up the join after cutting , but we will see.

Regards
Lambo