8.8 in the rear

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

18crxt

installed a 01 explorer rear in my 2wd hilux . Disc brakes,lsd, 373 ratio anti sway bar. yay.

made a adapter for the drive line to the ford flange. strong diff and cheaper than the toyotas. i might be selling these if anyone is looking to do thsi im going to write it up next.

Ty:drillsergeant:

Glad I found this post...How did you design your adaptor?? I am going to do this same swap in my 80 2wd longbed, 3.73 lsd disc brakes(maybe drums for simplicity...) and most importantly the right width!

Having seen the bigger Ford flange, I can see that a simple adaptor could be fabbed, but I have no dimensions.

Shawn

i can make one up and send it to ya. it took oh a hour or so. it was easy.
i took measure of the ford drive line and took measure of the toyota driveline and stuck it on the lathe and turned it down. then i put it on the knee mill and put it on the computer and then drilled the holes and the recess. test fit then done.

i love this rear end. i found it does have the 4:11 ratio in it and 31 spline axles it fit pefrect on the springs but do measure your inside to inside axle pad to double check. only the explorer bolts in the ranger, mustng and other fords rears arnt as easy.

let me know if you want another made for it if so ill get you a price.

thats wierd you guys must have a different setup than over here.... when i put the explorer 31 spline 8.8 in my tacoma i used the ford flange as it uses the same ujoint. actually to get into more detail the reg cabs use the same ujoint as the explorers and most jeeps. my ext cab 98 tacoma 5lug uses the same ujoint but with different caps. all i did was get two new ujoints one for mine and one for a ford/jeep/siglecab taco and swapped two caps which left me with a spare.... but if i had a single cab my stock joint would have worked fine. so i have the ford flange on my toyota driveshaft. hope this helps someone out. now all i need is a 1uz to go with my nice axle but im worried about the aluminum block and what water might do to it....