5.6 liter DOHC V8 swap into Nissan 240sx s14

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Sabre_Logos

I thought this might be of interest to the V8 fans on this board. The 2.4 liter I-4 is being replaced with a 5.6 liter VK56DE motor from the Nissan Titan pickup.

http://turbo-infiniti.com/viewtopic.php?t=27&sid=1caf280042b12d3a60da5e3a06e28c94

VK56DE_test_fit_240sx.jpg

I would think that swap would be very challengining in a small 240 nissan...The front end weight of the engine swap I would think would be just too much for the little 240 nissan...Could have suspension, steering, etc..problems...

Anyway, nice swap with a big powerful Titan engine...Should motor well if the swap goes sucessfully...

I would think that swap would be very challengining in a small 240 nissan...The front end weight of the engine swap I would think would be just too much for the little 240 nissan...Could have suspension, steering, etc..problems...

Actually, the difference between the stock iron block KA24DE and the aluminum VK56DE is not that much. I would hazard a guess and say that there might be less than 80 lbs separating them in full dress.

I know that Nissan states the VK56DE weight as being ~ 228 kg. I don't know if that number is with or without accessories. It does seem very light. According to the SAE paper submitted by Nissan, the VK56DE weighs less than the VK45DE found in the current generation Q45.

I have seen the weight of fully dressed SR20DET as being 217 kg, so the KA24DE with all accessories is probably around that number. Maybe a bit heavier since the block is iron as opposed to the SR20's aluminum one.

I put a new exhuast on my friends Titan. It sounds great and pulls pretty hard. The problem with that truck being it's weight. You stomp on it and it just doesn't move that fast even though the engine has a lot of power on paper. The 240 chassis is a great solution. I want to see the end result.

Actually, the difference between the stock iron block KA24DE and the aluminum VK56DE is not that much. I would hazard a guess and say that there might be less than 80 lbs separating them in full dress.

I know that Nissan states the VK56DE weight as being ~ 228 kg. I don't know if that number is with or without accessories. It does seem very light. According to the SAE paper submitted by Nissan, the VK56DE weighs less than the VK45DE found in the current generation Q45.

I have seen the weight of fully dressed SR20DET as being 217 kg, so the KA24DE with all accessories is probably around that number. Maybe a bit heavier since the block is iron as opposed to the SR20's aluminum one.

I'd doubt the weight. Some physical evidence would be nice because the VK56DE has a taller deck height.

The nissan 2.4 liter 4 banger weighs close to the 5.6 liter V8 VK56DE.....WOW, I would have thought different...80 pounds is doable...

The blocks are different materials thats why.

Here's what I have to share. Just because it's Nissan 240 doesn't mean it will be tight. The S13 89-94 has a bigger engine bay then a Z32, G35 , 350Z and S14.

DSC02303sm-1.jpg

I weight the KA24DE at 430lbs (w/ accessories) and the older gen Nissan V8 VH45DE weighed in at 478lbs. The block had just the starter on it its a 500+ lb engine with all the stuff on.

VH45DEweight.jpg

Neat. I think that thread may be officially done though. The NISMO guy doin the swap only posted twice---3-4 months back.

That would been pretty cool too...to see something beside a SR20DET.

The z32 chassis rails are wider than a S13. We fitted a Z32 VG30DETT into a S13 and found that when stripping the Z32 we lowered the motor out the bottom with turbos and all and could not fit into the s13 the same way. We had to lower the motor in from the top as the tops of the heads fouled on the chassis rails. The S13 may have wider towers but the chassis rails are much narrower. Cheers