4 Wheel drive 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lambo

Hi Guys, does anyone out there know anything about a 4 wheel drive version i have been told there was a model called an Aristo that was a 4wd, does anyone know what model gearbox or transfer case was used, what front diff did they use,and what they used for front hubs.
I have worked out that if i take the bearing out of a Soarer front hub it looks like i can graft in a Supra tt rear hub bearing flange assembly, giving me a 4wd hub but maybe there is a easier way, did Toyota put the Aristo front hub into something else.

Regards
Lambo

Lambo

I was in Dodsons auto parts in glenfield about 3 months ago they had an aristo 1uz in stock.
The front diff was integral with the sump; give them a call or go and see them they may still have it.

Mark

Aristo 4wd

Thanks Mark,
Ill give them a call tomorrow you never know it could still be there, in the meantime i have had a weekend of swapping drive shafts axels , drive flanges etc, and with very small bit of machining my Soarer front uprights will be 4wd it all fits together really easy, even get to keep the abs.As my project is rear engine all i need to do is throw a diff in the front, only got miss the steering rack, that could be the fun bit.
Regards lambo

I thought I was haveing fun putting the 1uz into my hilux 4x4.

sounds like yours is an interesting project, Cant be to many all wheel drive contauch's around !!

good luck with it.
Mark

If you want a manual 1uz 4x4 box, the only possible options are:

Get an R150F from a 6cyl landcruiser, and dellow/crs bellhousing
OR
Maybe some of the new V8 cruisers come with manuals (don't know for sure)

The Celsior doesn't run a 2 speed transfer case.

I would expect the Klugger would have the same trans as the all wheel drive Celsior. I think it is wrong to describe the Celsior as 4x4 as it is not a 4 wheel drive like a Cruiser or Range Rover. It is a (real) soft roader.

Peewee said:
If you want a manual 1uz 4x4 box, the only possible options are:

Get an R150F from a 6cyl landcruiser, and dellow/crs bellhousing
OR
Maybe some of the new V8 cruisers come with manuals (don't know for sure)
Yes, they most certainly do (GXL). If you can find one, that gearbox "may" be the way to go. (Mind you, they wouldn't be cheap!)

4wd 1uz

Thanks guys for the info on the gearboxs, i know this is getting off the thread a bit but i'm running out of ideas quickly,i do already have a Audi 016 4wd quattro gearbox that i would be able to use.
As my project will be rear engined, with the Audi 016 driving the rear wheels from the side flanges, i planned to run a transfer case of some type or perhaps a simple chain drive off the rear of the 016.
It has a standard drive flange exiting the rear that used to go to the Audi Rear diff, if i put some sort of sprocket /chain drive at right angles i could join it up to the driveshaft going forward to a diff up front to get 4wd.
I have read just about every Audi site but can't find out where most of the drive will go, or what percentage will go where, will it be to the rear or the front, the 016 doesn't appear to have a centre diff lock, but i know there is a centre diff lurking in there somewhere it has a vacumm switch arrangement at the rear that pushes a rod in and out.Maybe this is the diff lock switch, does anyone know if this is the case.
If the input shaft is turned, in gear the side flanges and rear output turns at the same time, any help appreciated.
Regards
Lambo

Lambo:

One thing to remember about the Audi 4x4 is the placement of the engine.
The engine is placed in front of the front wheels ! Have a look in a Audi
engine bay and see where the front driveshafts are, they come out from the
gearbox/bellhousing itself.

If you want to go 4x4 and keep the engine where it is you have to look for a
different 4x4 setup. Have a look at the Nissan Skyline GTR 4x4 or the Ford
Sierra Cosworth 4x4. The front driveshafts comes from the front diff that's
fitted to the engine sump, and the front diff is run by a driveshaft running
parallell to the gearbox on the right side .

sigma styel .see your are mid motor is that rigth i was thinking 2 speed powerglide adptor from castle main to one of the toyota tranfer set up as im sure powerglide are in toyotas i thinking of 1uz for my ja starion i to need help text wise but what axels shuold i run oh can who ever it cc retype a shourt list how they would agin now you guys have some progress i got lost in all the text any help to would be nice oh year is there a six speed trans out there for 1uz or maybe an after trans combo auto or man just so i can list for long term