Front Wheel Drive

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

underdog51

has anybody tried mating the 1uz up to a FWD tranny? I own a ls 400 and i have an 87 MR2 that has no engine. I know tons of fabrications is going to be required, i have a Lotus Seven with 20v 4age supercharged power. I was just curiouse if anybody has tried it yet and what transmissions they use. thanks

scott

underdog51 said:
has anybody tried mating the 1uz up to a FWD tranny? I own a ls 400 and i have an 87 MR2 that has no engine. I know tons of fabrications is going to be required, i have a Lotus Seven with 20v 4age supercharged power. I was just curiouse if anybody has tried it yet and what transmissions they use. thanks

scott
You got a s/c 20v? What s/c are you using? I have a 87 mr2 with a n/a 20v in it and I posed your same question a bit ago. I have yet to fully investigate it but I think the E-153 mr2 turbo gearbox will work although all the bolt holes may not line up.

I fabbed up the stock s12 from the GZE to the throttle bodies. The only bolt on part was the bottom supercharger mount with the tensioner pulley. Mine is in a lotus so i had to do alot of extras to get it to fit, reroute waterpump line, flip the altenater around and mount it facing the engine off the FWD mount, small space saving plenum for the 4 throttles, ect.. I will send you some pics when i get them up.

I am pretty sure the transmission will fit. I have this same topin under a different section right now. Somebody pointed out to me that the axle will not clear the block. But you might be able to rotate the engine around the tranny to get it to clear, but then you need a custom sump and so on.

scott

I'd love to see those pics. The fellas on the mr2oc would love em too. I would think the axle would fit around the block but could see where it might not work with the side of the sump. Maybe a custom sump would be in order. I've been meaning to get a block and do it but I'm on an extended vacation in OK and my mr2 and all my tools are in Melbourne. (Fl)

I am fairly active on the mr2oc. I have mainly been a club 4ag guy though. I am in Palm Coast FL. I have kind of run out of room and money. I found 1uzfe's in jacksonville for $500 though! I just need to get up there. If the v8 insn't going to work, i am deffenetly doing the v6. Those two brutal guys are awesome.

scott