4 point platinum spark plugs suck!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Thought I would share my experience with anyone that maybe interested in reading....

Got talked into purchasing the 4 Point pre-gapped Bosche Platinum spark plugs valued at $9usd a peice..... Went for the full tuneup on my FJ80 landcruiser today, changed out the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, cleaned the TB, cleaned the injectors, synthetic oils, etc... (no starter motor either, I am cheap bastard)....

Anyway, I installed these new Platinum 4 points spark plugs (supposedly the greatest spark plugs on earth) Cranked it up and felt a noticeable loss in power even though the car ran smoother...

Needless to say I was pissed off, and said it's got to be those plugs, I then reinstalled my fried NGK plugs and order was restored... Full power and more was back....

Just want to let you guys know the 4 and 2 point spark plugs are crap and you should stick to the OEM, NGK, and Denso spark plugs for best results.....I had to learn the hard way as usual...I am now going to try and raise a little hell at the auto parts store and return the now used Bosche 4 points plugs :argue:

Late....

4 point plugs were used in rotaries and the racing plugs I used to use in my turbo 13-B Wankel were completely solid round design with the electrode in the middle. I don't know what the advantage would be but that's what all the rotaries used. And they are $$$ more than $9 ea. I learned my lesson and stay away from funky plugs. Remember those Splitfire plugs? What a joke.

my old auto shop teacher said the Bosch 2,3,and 4 points would put a hole in the piston.:ponder: highly doubt a spark plug can do so much damage, but the design itself looks scary enough.....

i wonder what the concept behind those spark plugs are. i have some Bosch plugs for my Montero, but i havent been able to test them, because the clutch is as fried as my last Thanksgiving turkey.

The regular Bosche platinums are probably way better then the completely round designed Bosche 4 pointers...Those funky four into one point plugs are truely a joke, and actually make you lose power..It's unbelieveable...I never knew a new spark plug (any brand) will actually make you lose horsepower...It was literally like a %10 drop off in power... I know there could be power loss when the plugs are not properly gapped, but these were all pre-gapped and all were very consistant for my truck...WOW...

Again, learn something new everyday.....

Anyway, I got my money back and an apology from the sales guy that talked me into buying them...Got all new Iriduim NGK plugs which I was using before...YEAH!!!

Those plugs sucked twenty years ago when they were introduced.

It must me some cruel intitiation into DIY automotive work by the Bosch company, I figure, because everyone I've talked to has bought one set at one point, and none of them have anything good to say about the plugs.