Shift Point & Tuning

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

Anyone know what is the shift point for the 90 LS400? Trying to tune my car according to the shift poin on the 341E transmission.

The shift points change a fair bit.
It depends on thottle postion, air intake temp, engine temp, oil temp, engine load, road speed.

Why do you need to tune your car to it? Are you trying to save the gearbox some stress like the factory ECU does by retarding ignition during gear changes??

speaking of transmissions in the series 1 LS400 (mine is a 12/91) KDog... Im looking at swapping my A341/340 transmission for one of Zuffen's pair of spares he has sitting on the floor of his garage... trying to identify any potential problems.... which one to use, i am probably going on visual external cues for similarities... He has one from a Soarer (i am assuming incompatible) and one from a Celsior (apparently identical).... Any potential differences/problems i could run into by doing this?? are all plugs/wiring/etc likely to be the same? I am still wading through the info on which is an A341e and which is the A340e... which one mine has, how to differentiate, how to confirm differences....
Basically want to make sure that before a spanner is lifted i get it all right.... I even have someone who is willing to do the swap at a reasonable price.....

tips?

cheers!