4.3vvti hot rod

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

curbo

Hi Guys

I have just purchased a 2002 4.3vvti engine with its automatic gearbox, going to put into a hot rod project. Has anybody installed one of these and managed to get it running satisfactory with or without its automatic gearbox.
Would like to keep the auto but would take advice on going to a manual.
cheers curbo
ps. it came witout its ecu's which i could buy direct from Lexus, just couldn't resist.

how much is the price of the ecuus from lexus

i think they impossible to find 2nd hand

i want to wire one up but they are hard to find especially in complete set form

4.3vvti

Hi sideshow,

Have not got into it that deep yet, i was hoping not to have to buy from Lexus and somebody would have the magic answers. The main engine ecu is £800 (GBP) from Lexus, i havn't got to the bottom of how many ecu's are required to get it running, i really want to keep the auto box as well.
regards curbo

my website sux at the moment

i have done heaps better cars but need to redo the website with better pics

i have alot of info on the 2000 vvti 1uz

im pretty sure it only has one ecu for engine and transmission combined

butttttttttttttttt

it has a bcm and a coded key so the ecu might have security on it

but anyhting is possible with the right amount of money and parts

that is y i would never ever ever buy an incomplete kit of any engine no matter how cheap it is unless i was goin to fit an aftermarket ecu

now since u dont have an ecu

u can do this

buy std ecu bcm and a key and transponder and find a toyota dealer somewhere on earth that can recode it all

or u can get an aftermarket ecu to run the engine and manual control the gbox

or spend another 1000 bucks on a transmission controller

but in my opinion yr fukt no matter which way u go

start saving

and for people out there who get told bullshit stories by the importers or wreckers

alot and i mean alot of cars made after the years of around 1996 or 1998 have security in the ecu

if you do not get the whole dash wiring and key and transponder and bcm or what ever you call it u are wasting yr time unless u have aftermarket ecu plans

to bypass some of these enignes is not cheap

i charge 400 for an ls1
800 for a 2000 mustang 4.6 quadcam v8

so u can see that removing security is nearly dearer than me doin the wiring

so beware alot of importers spin **** and do not tell u of the hidden costs mainly cause they are dipshits

oh yer i just remebered u have a vvti 1uz

there is probably 2 or so ecus available that can do vvti and they cost from 2000 to 4000 bucks just for them not including std ecu

i hope this has enlightend you abit

because lately i am gettin alot of jobs which have turned to **** cause of this

Jim,

You've said it as it is.

I keep telling people don't buy the engine with the cut loom and no AFM and/or ECU unless you are going aftermarket.

Get the halfcut make sure it runs well and use what you need. Sell what you don't.

well this situation wont get better

as the years go by the engines get newer

ford au engines are gettin popular now and in 2 or 3 years will be easily available

up to series 1 au v8 is easy to bypass security costs 400 bucks

series 2 onwards each ecu has a unique code so u need half the **** behind the dash

and even then u get probs

im wiring one at moment and guy at ford recons the memory has been lost due to the ecu the bcm the key etc has been disconnected

so even after wiring it all up and all the security stuff i have to take car to ford to reprogram it all so the key is recognised buy the bcm and by the ecu

its all a big stuff around and a big job like that by the time u modify the tacho and the speedo to be accurate

its a 1500 dollar job just to do the electrical side of it