3UZFE Pistons with 1UZFE Rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Here is what i did. The 3UZFE and 1UZFE rod length are the same. However, the 3uzfe rods is extremely weak. Therefore i replaced with 1uz rod. Check out the pictures below.
3uz%20022.jpg
3uz%20025.jpg
3uz%20024.jpg

Here is a picture of the two rods. 1UZ on the left and 3UZ on the right
rod%20003.jpg

Has anyone actually done tests to prove the 3UZ rods are weaker?
Just because they are smaller/thinner does not make them weaker.
Are they the same material?

Also, a lighter rod makes for less rotating mass, which inturn puts less stress on the motor.
Anyone want to swap a set of their 3UZ rods for my 1UZ ones?
Lex, how much for the set of 3UZ ones?

I will look around. Lots of dealers trash them. I might be getting another shortblock in few weeks or go. Not sure what it is. Peewee the shipping to Perth will very expensive. Unless u want it to go via ocean. I shipped out the pistons last time and costed 65 usd. Ouch......

Ocean is usually only about 70% of air.
But 8 rods should be less than half the weight of pistons.
I'd expect about $30USD via USPS.
Let me know if you manage to source an 8th.
If you managed to get a few more, I could try and pick the best :)

hey guys i have an is300 with the 2jz-ge engine with a turbo on it, i like it but its just not rare enough, im doing what a lot of people around here hate me for, instead of going with a 2jz-gte, i am going with a 1uzfe with a M90 on it and a 350z 6speed, i am on a budget and so far for a 92 LS400 1uzfe with tranny, wiring harness, ecu, and a supercharger i have 450 dollars invested, what i want to do is bore the block to fit a 3uz pistons on my stock 1uz rods, just wanting to make sure that is possible, then i plan to try to go with the FI lextreme cams and oversized valves, thicker MLS headgaskets with ARP rod bolts and headbolts and studs, and get a machine shop to mill me a new crank shaft pully 1 to 2 inches larger and go with a 2.75" to 3.0" supercharger pulley..........
what do you guys think???

P.S. i am wanting to pursue the best sounding exhuast on a 1uz but running true 2 1/2 inch duals, with resinators around the transmission area with either an X pipe or H pipe, my only question is 40 series flowmasters or no mufflers at all?

so aside from machine work i am doing all the work, and as long as nothing internally on the engine need replacing, parts i need is the supercharger rebuild kit 130.00, 3uzfe pistons 315.00, 1uzfe full gasket set 170.00, ACL race bearings 200.00, valves 600.00, cams 750.00, head gasket 260.00, havent priceds anything else, but i am not in a hurry for it all, what i mainly want to accomplish before i start the swap is all the bottom end work and machining comeplete and the 350z 6speed tranny bolted up and ready to go in, i have a friend with a CNC Plasma i plan to use to cut pieces to make my trans mount and hopefully we can cut the adapter plate for the trans swap, my car is currently an auto but i found a factory is300 clutch pedal assembly, clutch master cylinder, and manual console for 200 bucks, and i am getting a 06 350z tranny for 350 bucks

Your better off just going ahead and getting a 2uz. It will be a lot cheaper than over boring a 1uz and with the 1uz rods in place it should be pretty bulletproof. On another note... I think you'll be fine without cams. And one last note... Just get a smaller supercharger pulley with a well thought out belt setup. This will be way cheaper than a new crank pulley.
Ps. You can put all the 1uz accessories and everything outside the block on the 2uz block.