2uzfe tacoma swap help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JayS01

hey im currently looking into swaping a 4.7 v8 (2uzfe) into my 98 toyota tacoma 4x4 and am looking for help answering some of my questions. i was wondering if anyone has done this swap or can tell me what i need to do this swap. i currently have the 3.4 liter v6 5uvfe which i wanna change to the 4.7 v8 2uzfe motor. the transmission is and automatice and im not worried about changing that to manual.
some questions i have are:
will the 2uzfe motor bolt up to my 5uvfe transmission or will i have to change that also?
if the motor and trans will not bolt up, would i be able to use the 2uzfe 4x4 transmission setup on my tacoma?
what parts are needed to do this swap?
what needs to be changed for this motor to fit?

any pics and or info will be appreciated

I would start with a stock lexus ls400 or sc400 engine/tranny/ecu and loom from a junkyard. All of that usually runs around $750, and from there you need to make a set of engine mounts and a tranny mount, and fab a drive shaft.

It's honestly a piece of cake if you plan on keeping everything as is. If you want your 4wd it gets a little tricker... you will need your stock tacoma tranny as it was built for transfer cases. An adapter plate would be needed.