2UZ engine specs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Justang

I recently bought a 2006 Tundra and I'm looking for some engine specs. I've searched this site and some others and haven't found too much. Here's what I'm looking for:

Intake/Exhaust valve diameter
Cam specs (duration, lift, ect)
Has anybody flowed stock 2UZ heads?
Has anybody flowed the intakes on the Tundra?

Thanks
-J-

Found the flow figures for the stock Tundra intake @ 28: of H20:

Cyl 1: 204.81cfm

Cyl 2: 208.54cfm

Cyl 3: 217.85cfm

Cyl 4: 211.06cfm

Cyl 5: 214.13cfm

Cyl 6: 206.67cfm

Cyl 7: 208.54cfm

Cyl 8: 212.06cfm

-------------------------------------------

Still looking for the rest.

Those cfm flow figures are calculated from a given VE and at 4500 rpm.

Eric

I have them at the machine shop now so I can't measure them again, but from my remembering, the stock valve head sizes are 34.5mm intake, 29.0mm exhaust, 5.5mm stem diamter, 3.5mm tip length.

Eric

Are you going to have the heads flowed?
Has anybody ported the 2UZ heads? Would there be good gains?

Has anybody ever clayed the 2UZ to see what the valve to piston clearance is?

The manifold was flowed and the VE found. We then use the formula, CI x VE x RPM x 3456. It's important to remember that the VE was obtained at 28 inches of water, however, it is only one part of the equation. At different RPMs, the motor will flow different CFM's. We gave a typical RPM of 4500 since that's the high end of a 2uz-fe N/A. Forced induction adds a whole other aspect to the equation, but since VE is measured at a standard of 28 inches of water, that's what we go by for this test.

Eric

You can, but that's assuming the VE would remain the same at those higher RPMs. Since 28 inches of water is the standard pressure srop, there's no guarantee that the efficiency will be the same at 9500 rpm, as say 4500 rpm. In truth a flow bench should only be used to gain cylinder to cylinder balance. It will show in this case that the stock manifold doesn't flow as much as the aftermarket manifold, 30% less in fact, but that's about the limit of it's recommended usage. Many more factors including head flow, cam selection, ect. will determine what you get out of the motor. Like anything else, what you get out of it, is what you put into it.

Eric

Pro said:
interested in a stroker kit, Justang?
Not really. I just got my Tundra 3wks ago. It's only got 2k miles on it. I just read all about the stroker kits. But maybe in 4-5 years... who knows.

After having a Mustang for years, and stroking it, and having a butt-load of fun with it, I like to know all the engine specs I can. As with the Mustang, I learned and learned, started off modding slowly, then went head first. We'll see how this goes. I probably won't go head first, but I'll try some things. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG