2UZ bottom with 1UZ heads

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I think Jim did it the hard way but yet innovative. However, he did saved 82 additional pounds. Stock 2uzfe block will provide 4.7 liters. I think resleeving is too costly. I just orderd the custom pistons for the 2uzfe with chevy rods combo. Project SC470TT
attachment.php

Hello i am new here. I have a 2000 Tundra 4.7 and was thinking about putting 1UZFE heads on it. I have been reading alot about it here and would like to do it. Do I have to touch the bottom end at all or can I leave it alone? I would just like to install the heads only after a little port and polishing. I am not going to race it just would like alittle more power.

Chris

Chris,

Before you just into this you should do little more research. There are two versions of 1uzfe heads. From 1990-1997 and from 1998-2000 are different. I think for your application and if you really want to, the 1998-2000 might just bolt in. However, there is not solid evidence that the 1uzfe (pre and post 98) flow better then the 2uzfe heads.

Well I found a set of 90-94 heads from a LS400 used at a local junk yard. I have read the post on TS from toyolver(he is banned from there) and he has those heads on there. Ok what ab out just puttin the cams on there. There is just to many different inputs on everything. I would like some info about it. I have seen dynos and different setups but just would like to know if it worth me doing. I have a shop and it would be easy for me to do. I just at ol skool thinking, 350s 302s 454s. 351s. Just would like to do this mod. I just want to make sure it will work. ALSO FOUND THIS http://www.lextreme.com/1uzdesktop.htm

I didnt say he was a member here.He was on TS just like you are. Also I was just using him as an example.
Also is this true

post_old.gif
12-09-2003, 04:38 PM
bloodypulp
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_5681", true);
Yellow Belt

icon1.gif

all have forged steel crank, but cast aluminium pistons and cast steel rods
aluminum uppers can be swapped between generations
cranks can be swapped too for changing stroke

1uz tuned for higher rpm operation
smaller bore/shorter stroke -> higher revving
aluminum block - lightweight, good for cars; cost not factor, for luxury cars

3uz (and later 1uz) have VVTI cams which gives high and low-end optimization. 3uz is basically a bigger 1uz

2uz tuned for low/mid rpm(suv/truck applications)
longer intake runner length than in the 1uz/3uz, good for torque
has to be really reliable and cheap so keep the revs low and iron block
iron block is heavier than aluminum block, so would not be suitable in application where handling is important(sedans/coupes)
2uz can use early 1uz camshafts, but shifts power curve to higher rpm
ported 2uz heads as good as 1uz or 3uz stock, but for easy drop-in get the 1uz non-vvti.
if you're going to port the bejeezus out of the heads, you might as well upgrade the valves, etc.
TRD race parts available for the 2uz are forged high compression pistons, billet camshafts, uprated valvetrain, titanium rods. don't bother asking your dealer for the TRD catalog, one-offs for Race teams only. (Toyota off-road racing uses the 2uz lower block with 1uz upper for a 5.0L 600hp monster.)
but if you have the resources, it's not hard getting custom internals made to order

"drop-in" 2uz Natural Aspirated upgrades for around $3000US:
headers
piggyback ecu
1uz heads/intake manifolds
1uz camshafts
crankshaft pulley
345+ hp/400+ lb-f

There are lots of compatibility articles in this forum and do some search and you will find out. What you have is completely different from the above mentioned by bloody. You need a 1998-2000 heads 9GS400, SC400, LS400)and other misc stuffs.