2000 4runner v6 auto, want 1uzfe, looking for answers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

resurectedvikin

Looking for some answers:

I own a 2000 4runner with the 3.4l v6, automatic tranny, its a limited so it has rear diff lock, and multi mode transfer case, its a sweet ride! but how much better with a v8 in it?

so what will i all need, i found a 1995 sc400 donor setup, it comes with the following, motor, transmission, ecu, wiring harness
9uncut), drive shaft and differential.

What will i do with the trans to make it work? any threads on how to swap bell housings, which bell housing to use etc.

what about for fuel delivery? which pump is recommended?

what about to control the trans? which is the best way?

Any motor mount walk throughs? do you bolt the trans to the factory spot or do you have to move mounts around?

thanks all for your time, i am very interested in this!

is there a way to get the dash to operate like factory again? rpm gauge work, speedo, all gauges etc?

Just make your own engine mounts cause someone else's design
Might not fit perfect to your car
The hardest part is transfer fitment I guess
Most of the dash will work u just might need to get tacho
Modified from 6 to 4 cyl and maybe even a speedo correction box
With wiring get both diagrams and study them for afew days then
Start cutting and soldering

Just make your own engine mounts cause someone else's design
Might not fit perfect to your car
The hardest part is transfer fitment I guess
Most of the dash will work u just might need to get tacho
Modified from 6 to 4 cyl and maybe even a speedo correction box
With wiring get both diagrams and study them for afew days then
Start cutting and soldering

As sideshow has said...but.. 2000 model is or should be a 185 series which I think (and if I'm wrong someone may correct me) still ran the 4sp auto which reduces a problem. If it does you merely remove the extension housings from each auto, cut the output shaft to the same length on the UZ auto to the same length as the 4runner one, Mod the relucter on the UZ auto to suit and refit then you may need to drill and tap one hole and fit the 4runners extension housing and transfer box. During the course of this you may need to mod the hole and fit a spacer for the UZs speed sensor number 2 to work correctly. This is important if you want the thing to shift in low range.

Mounting the engine. Measure the angles of your existing engine first and keep them all the same regardless if you have a suspension lift or not. . This means no chance of any vibrations at speed until you run out of wheel balance. Now a wee tip to remember here is the later 215 series came out of the factory with the 2UZ living "In the hole". Now if you can find the mid and lower sump plus engine mount brackets off one of these then more problems solved as the chassis is much the same (based on my observations of almost buying a brand new V8 4runner in Manila, lesson learned don't listen to the wife, and the odd trip back to NZ where 215 series Surfs are there). Engine mounts are not hard to make anyway, some flat bar and a welder, end of problem.

Tacho should have a pot inside it so you can calibrate it to suit the 1UZs 4 cyl pulse and the speedo in the 185 takes its input from the left front ABS wheel sensor. If it don't have ABS it should have a sensor on that hub. The vehicle speed sensor itself is part of the speedo

oh yer u can adjsut the pot
doesnt the speedo sig come from transfer
most transfers have a 4 pulse so speedo should be accurate
but in 2wd if u use lexus gbox speedo sensor then theres good chance its going to read 5 times faster

Not on the 185. No sensor for the speedo in the output shaft of the transfer. Same as UCF21 there and it took farking ages to find it yet the VSS is still part of the speedo

Drop me a PM and we'll go from there, You'll need to get your camera out to ensure everything is correct and I only drop in every week or two. The hardest part about this conversion is plucking up the courage to do the wiring, Fitting the engine and trans is the easy part. Wiring wise you want it to perform like a factory build so if further down the track it does have a fault you can go anywhere and plug a scanner in or buy a part

Excellent. I just picked up the engine trans. Harness. Ecu. Wiring doesn't scare me as long as I have some direction. Came out of a 1997 Lexus sc400. Engine was running to the point where he put in a 1jz in the soarer.

Pics.

f247239e.jpg

8c2de7a2.jpg

86dec872.jpg

2d297331.jpg