1UZFE Powered Airplane

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I would suggest do a complete overhaul of the engine and do twin GT30R from Garrett. Please pm me if you need personal advice on parts.

Would a big single be lighter? Weight (particulary nose weight) being a big consideration on an aircraft!!

2JZR31 said:
Yeah, a single could make one side heavier...
Not if the single turbo is located in the front or rear center of the engine. There are many possible combination.... but i just love to see a FI airplane...

I suppose in a plane you could have a big single diectly under the engine as the nose sits fairly high of the ground.

shoo thanks for all the info and ideas!!i have done some research and twins is the best answer!!the weight is only a few kg's and the power gain is more than enought for that!!do think it is best to do a full overhaul??the engine runs well!

did some flying to day and how nice,just doing over 153knots!!!now thats moving!!just need to fine tune the ecu now in flight for opptimum power and fuel usage!!will put some pictures on tomorrow of the new planes i have started and its engines that i have stripped!!
i think that we need to put a intercooler aswell??

micsa team
high and fast and forever

Micsa,
I'm wondering how long you have been building aircraft? How did you mold/fabricate the airplane body? Anything is appreciated. You and your plane are very interesting!

hi,
micsa has been building planes and developing planes for the last 15 years!!
i runs on own money resource,by selling lubricants.that is why it has taken so long to manufacture a plane, we only had two staff members,and now we are starting to develope some more!!the aircraft that you see now was designed in 1997 and first flew in 1999.over the years we have perfected it and made it simple and awsome to fly,and have find the rite engine for her now!!(1uzfe)the plug was made from wood and fiberglass,then finished off in car panit to get the finish.the moulds are made in fiberglass,were then the body and wings are made in fiberglass as well!!just all in defferent lay ups of glass and core materails,and carbon to!!the body only wheights in at 55kg!!now at micsa we have four bodys and getting them ready for the customers that have ordered them!!cant wait to finish them with all the new mods and wheight saving!!
thanks for you mails!!
the micsa team

Wow! Your work is really something. I never thought of the 1UZFE flying in the sky. I saw it in boat only. Can 2 people sit on the plane? I just have another dumb but joke question and I hope you don't mind. Is your plane similar to those planes in the WWII movies that can mount a machine gun on the back? Your airplane reminds me of the movie "The Mummy" when the plane had a machine gun and shot at the sand devil. Anyway, your plane is amazing! I like airplane, not into very much (kind of scared...hah..hah...hah), but I do like to learn about fiberglass and molding. My dream is to make a one of a kind body kit for my SC400, since I don't want to spend too much $$ for someones to do it.

Attachments

• DSCN0610.JPG
    DSCN0610.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 42
just finished exhaust system!two into one!!hope that it will do the trick,and have a cannister for noise!we dont have much room for branches and all the bends,and cant put anything out side,dew to drag and it does not look nice!!what can we do???

Have a think about a cyntrifugal supercharger. There have been many aircraft engines that have used these superchargers over the years.
I imagine you have a fairly narrow RPM range at which you fly, and the major befefit is a high altitude where the air density is low (you can fly higher and faster in a forced induction aircraft- naturally aspirated ones simply run out of power at higher altitudes. The benefit of higher altitudes is thinner air has less friction and allows faster speeds.) . In this situation, a cyntrifugal is easier to mount and dosent have the heat and plumbing problems associated with a turbo.

quadcam boat said:
Have a think about a cyntrifugal supercharger.... In this situation it's easier to mount and dosent have the heat and plumbing problems associated with a turbo.

Good call!!!

thanks for that
but were does one get some thing like that!!here in south africa it is only easy to get turbo's!!
working hard on getting it finnished now,just received the spare parts from lextreme last week!!!thanks lextreme!!
i must put pictures for you guys to see from start to finish and how i have done the wire harness,it just looks awsome!!!and a great engine to work on!!
must go and work now but in the evening i will get some pics up for all to see!!!
cheers
micsa team

For a turbo system on this 1UZ-FE, a twin T3 with low boost is perfect for your setup. There's no need for strenthening the internals nor any expensive aftermarket ECU. I would run about 7 psi with most other things in factory.