1UZFE Block with 2UZFE Heads

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Yes, it fits but you would need the rest of the 2UZFE intakes to make it would. The head angle are slightly different. The 2uzfe or Vvti engine lower intake is almost horizontal vs. 1uzfe is slightly angled.

Hmmm, I like that! Looks to be a bigger angle, with a straighter shot into the cylinder. How do the port sizes compare between the two heads?

Lex <<

could you take some pics down the intake and exhaust ports? and some pics that shows the angle of the ports?

And then maby you or someone else could do the same on the 1uz heads for comparison?

hey all.

Rarson I don't agree with that one i believe, the angle is more steep I know but lookig at the head fron the rear it looks like there's just another bend in the intaketrackt.

anyway 1uzfe with vvt heads would be pretty brilliant and would open up some true NA High rpm, tunning options. using stock cams.

grtz Thomas

ps what about G series heads?

Thank you Lex!

Looks like the ports on the 1UZ is straighter than the 2UZ, but the 2UZ port sligthly wider?

How are the valve angles on the heads by comparison?

Anyone knows about the flow potential on the heads after porting, valve job etc? - wich casting that has the most potential?

David, this may have been covered previously, but with all the mixing & matching you've been doing, have you tried the old style 1UZ cams in the newer VVTi heads?

I would think a custom set of Kelford cams, running in the VVTi heads would be a real interesting combination.

EDIT: Sorry, I see Rarson already brought this up here:

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3898&highlight=cams+VVTi+heads

Apparently the scissors gears are not mounted in the same places from the old style to the new style.

John

John,

Yes i have. It doesnt work. The newer VVTi cams are like 2uzfe cams. They are in different position. The early 1uzfe cam gears are in the center of the head and the later cam gears are in the front of the head. Therefore, the head configurations are diffferent. So to answer your question above is NO... it would not work. However, if you want VVTi cam, you would need to change the complete heads and uppoer intake.

I'm sure kelford could make re-welded/ground 2UZ cams. Those should be able to go in either a 1UZvvti head or 2UZ head. I imagine it's possible to convert a 1UZvvti head to a non-vvti operation if one wished.

David, you know if there is a difference in valve diameter between the 98 1UZ and the 2UZ?

The V angle (head angle) did not change, the intake port angle was altered to have a straighter path to the combustion chamber.
All VV-T heads use the same diameter valves.

So is the answer yes you can use 2uz heads on a 1uz block? as long as you have a method of controling the advance/retard on the cams? as i have a pair of vvt-i gs400 heads and manifold which i was going to use on a vvt-i motor, but i have since found out that the vvt-i's have the weaker rods so i now want to use a 1uz and fit the 2uz heads to it as i will be supercharging it. Is it possible? is there a difference in the bore size between 1uz & 2uz?

monaro-azz said:
So is the answer yes you can use 2uz heads on a 1uz block? as long as you have a method of controling the advance/retard on the cams? as i have a pair of vvt-i gs400 heads and manifold which i was going to use on a vvt-i motor, but i have since found out that the vvt-i's have the weaker rods so i now want to use a 1uz and fit the 2uz heads to it as i will be supercharging it. Is it possible? is there a difference in the bore size between 1uz & 2uz?

David is one of the best sources of information on this type of thing because he is thorough and is ACTUALLY doing it.

The 2UZ has a bigger bore than the 1UZ. Probably (need to confirm) it would be better to use your GS400 heads and intake on an ealier 1UZ OR just swap out the early rods (or other better rods) into the later 1UZ.

monaro-azz said:

Monaro,

Would it be easier if you just swap out the VVTi rods with Pre-98 rods? The VVTi block is the same as pre-98 block and not much advantage buying two motors for one purpose. U can get a VVTi motor and swap out the rods to Pre-98. www.lextreme.com/rods.html

Another thing to consider is the shape of the piston and the head. By using vvt head on a non vvt piston you have a great chance of rendering the quench area useless. Making the motor less efficient and less tolerent to detonation. Also toyota has been moving the ring lands closer to the combustion chamber on the vvt pistons which makes the piston more prone to breaking ring lands when detonated. Changing the rods to me seems like a better idea. Plus the vvt motors use MLS headgaskets from the factory.

So since i imagine that the 2uz head flows better than the first gen 1uz head and this would explain the power and torque that motor seems to make including the .7 liter advantage even without the use of vvt-i. Therefore, the 50hp jump from the 1st gen 1uz to the 98-up is not soley from variable valve timing, but higher compression, and better flowing heads and intake manifold combined? Yes?

WDoherty said:
So since i imagine that the 2uz head flows better than the first gen 1uz head and this would explain the power and torque that motor seems to make including the .7 liter advantage even without the use of vvt-i. Therefore, the 50hp jump from the 1st gen 1uz to the 98-up is not soley from variable valve timing, but higher compression, and better flowing heads and intake manifold combined? Yes?

More like 70hp increase. 230hp to 300hp, 170rwhp to 235rwhp

Attachments

• rearwedge.JPG
    rearwedge.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 6