1UZFE Block with 2UZFE Heads

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
So, from what we can tell, will this 2uz head/ [early] 1uz block configuration work? I have another set of 2uz-fe cylinder heads on the way, and would like to mate them to an early 1uz block of possible.

Thanks guys,

Eric

Just want to make sure because I'm ordering the second motor tomorrow, and if we can get the 2uz heads to work with the 1uz block, then we will go that route.

Eric

So a non VVt-I 1uz block, and a VVt-I 2001 L/R cyl heads would bolt up, but we'd have no VVt-I.

Now if I were to order a 1998+ 1uz-fe block and attach 2uz-fe heads, then the VVt-I would be retained since the oil pasage would be lined up. Is this right? My main convern is this.... Will the coolant passages line up properly? Will the differnece in the bore hinder mounting 2uz heads on a 1uz block?

Eric

The coolant passages are in the same place (early and late 1uz). In fact, the head gasket block off full flow into the cylinder head.

That's some good information to know. Now if the coolant passages of the 2uz heads, and the 1uz block line up sufficiently then we're in business. Is there any information on this?

Thanks for all the great help so far,

Eric

Ask someone that has 2uz head gaskets and a 1uz motor. Lay the 2uz gaskets over the 1uz deck and have a looksee. I would imagine it would be real close.

Thanks Max, I appreciate the feedback. The headgasket idea sounds like a winner.

Lex, I'm looking at you here. : )

Eric

Outstanding sir, many thanks. My order is going out for a 1998+ 1uz-fe block in the morning.

Eric