1UZ wiring harness.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rising sun

Hi guys. I have three V8 engines and 3 cars. One is an RA28 1977 Celica. The next one is a 1984 RA61 Celica XT . Lastly I have a 1985 MA61 Supra. I want to put the engines in to the cars. I am a garage proprietor so machining and fabrication is not a problem. The wiring/ecu setup is the potential pitfall as far as I can see. Does anyone make a 'plug and play' set up for the conversion because I am getting itchy for the sound and feel of a V8 in my little friends.
Love the forum.
Richard.

I've been dealing with some issues recently from some others that have purchased "plug 'N' play" looms. Now the best thing for you is if your engines are complete with ECUs go to https://techinfo.toyota.com create a profile and pay your 10 quid for a 24 hour subscription then download all the wiring diagrams that you heart desires. Then make your own loom which while time consuming isn't hard to do. Only point to remember is pinouts for some reason change from model year to model year so having info from the donor car or part no from the ecu is a must.

Like you I'm a garage proprietor and I wire these things up myself into Toyota Surfs and the like with standard engine management systems with everything working and no DTCs aside from silly mistakes. Takes me longer than an auto sparky but what the hey..But...

These guys do a plug and play system http://www.linkecu.com/

Last priced was $2500NZD and was called the Link V5

its real easy..real real easy...

just make sure you have the complete engine wiring loom and ecu from each car..DONT CUT THE LOOM AT BULKHEAD, thread it though..if cut ignore this post as its now a bugger..

you then need 4 relays and some fuses and wire...2 hours work to get it going, abit more to do it properly..(assuming your sparky can read diagrams and can solder)

drawings are on this site..

oh i forgot, you need the plugs and bit of loom that plug into ecu that are not on the engine loom to..(1 or 2 plugs depending upon donar car.)

There's is also these guys:

http://www.venomcobras.com/subpage.html

Who are in Bris Vegas, I've not used them but would like to get a review on their work - costs from someone who has...
Hi guys,

As you can no doubt see, this is my first post, I'm in the process of having a V8 put into a trike and have followed the link provided here and asked them what details they need and the cost involved.

There is obviously a market for plug and play looms.

the market is sort of there
here in australia the stupid government is doing ll it can to stop people playing with cars
the automotive industry is struggling
our young drivers are killing themselves and all these laws have come in
p plate drivers which over here are drivers who can finally drive without an adult instructing them so say about age 17 to 19 cannot drive any modded car to some extent
so the everyday cheao and easy conversions are not happening
so maybe 20 to 30% of the market has just died

i go thru stages with 1uzs
i wont wire any for 3 to 4 months but ive got 3 in 2 weeks
so i dont rely on 1uzs purely to survive

ive had guys from england email me for price on making looms but by the time u pay for postage it scares everyone away

another thing is do you the words plug n play loosely
as its bloody hard to make somethign plug n play unless i have car infront of me
so i dont call it plug n play
i call them stripped down and simplified harness will all relays and fuseboxes
email me and ill see if i can do better price as i know how good his work is hehehehe
and how much he charges

but hey theres more and more people on here wiring their own 1uzs up and to do a pretty nice job and make everything else work in the car is a pretty big job
takes me 1 to 2 days depending on the car and ive done over 80 1uzs
alot of people just dont realise hwo much is involved when u have to wire up one of these start to finish

anyway back to the main issue
theres afew guys in australia that do this type of work and one i know of in usa
not sure bout england but last job i did for guy in usa cost him 130 dollars freight here
and 150 dollars freight back

Hi zen i really need your advice on this.. i bought a lexus LS400 engine maybe it's 1994 or lower... comes will an ECU plus a huge harness that has many connectors that connects to the engine, the auto trans and the ECU.. but some wires at the huge harness from the firewall were cut and don't know where they lead to. can you teach me how to trace the wires ? I just wanted to start up the engine. you also mentioned some fuses ,4 relays ,fuel pump ecu ..etc is it some main relay ,fuel pump relay,starting relay ? how can i keep the ignition coil charging while cranking the engine? and how to crank the engine?which wire do i need to connect? I will pay you..with paypal..i'm from malaysia.i use debit card. just tell me how much do i need to pay you for the information to start my engine. yours desperately ..

Hi zen i really need your advice on this.. i bought a lexus LS400 engine maybe it's 1994 or lower... comes will an ECU plus a huge harness that has many connectors that connects to the engine, the auto trans and the ECU.. but some wires at the huge harness from the firewall were cut and don't know where they lead to. can you teach me how to trace the wires ? I just wanted to start up the engine. you also mentioned some fuses ,4 relays ,fuel pump ecu ..etc is it some main relay ,fuel pump relay,starting relay ? how can i keep the ignition coil charging while cranking the engine? and how to crank the engine?which wire do i need to connect? I will pay you..with paypal..i'm from malaysia.i use debit card. just tell me how much do i need to pay you for the information to start my engine. yours desperately ..

After reading for about 3 solid hours, This seems pretty simple. I've cut down GM harnesses for other projects, this doesn't look any worse. You can get a complete motor with ECU and harness for $600 in CA. These motors are plentiful. The only thing I haven't nailed down is the fuel pump. These motors need 44psi @ WOT. Start with a complete harness, tag everything you need, check it twice, then start cutting out what you don't need. Takes time, but if you're basically knowledgeable, and can wire a relay, you can do it.

The going rate for a stand alone harness is $500+. This is after talking to a couple shops. The price from a wrecking yard is $150 +/-. You're better off going through the diagrams, and making your own. These are simpler than GM harnesses.

yes it's not hard if u actually sit down and study the diagrams
I just get sick of the guys who want to be spoon fed thru the whole process
telling someone how to wire it without them knowing anything would take ages