1uz to ma70....again

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ihiryu

Hey guys, I've got a 93 SC400 1UZ, stuffed in my turbo 88 MKIII chassis.

I'm using a harness from a non-turbo 7m though.

Anyway I followed everything from Mike and Bryan (1uzsupra.com) and I'm getting no spark, i haven't checked fuel yet cause my lines aren't hooked up and the green wire for the fuel pump.

I've checked a for power on every ecu pin, and they all had power (liek they were supposed to) minus two of them from the D plug on the ecu (the ones for battery). Fixed that, tried to crank, and no spark.

I don't know if the ECU is working because my CEL never comes on (did before with the 2j though), but the car has been sitting for more than a year.

Anyway the coils have power on both pins (verified with a LS400), TPS (and TRAC TPS), AFM all have power.

It seems like Injectors, coil, and a few other things are on the same circuit but it all works, and it back probes to the ECU a-ok.

My main issue is being confused on the wiring, unfortunately, Mike and Bryan's wiring diagrams are vague at best, and Jake Bryeck (SP?) is even more vague.

I'm worried I don't have everything wired up correctly. On another note, I tapped the green wire to power, and I don't hear my fuel pump kicking on.

Tomorrow, I'm going to test my ignitor and ECU's on another SC400 and hopefully it starts that car. if it does, then at least I can rest easy that a part of the puzzle is solved.

Any feedback is MOST definitely welcomed.

green wire neeeds to be earthed for pump to work
and if that doesnt work u then dont have yr efi relay wired up correctly
its nto so easy is it trying to understand someone elses sheit hehehehe

Oh really? Then why would it need to be wired to a 7.5 fuse??

Okay well I'm here at the shop now, I'm going to try to run a ground from my battery to the motor (since it's in the trunk) and try grounding the ignitors, I pray I have spark :(

(sigh)

Still no spark, checked ground on everything, but still no spark. Would the neutral start switch have anything to do with this (I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask right?)?

Yup, I knew that from someone else's thread.

So still no spark, but then I removed the ECU and tried it in a running SC400, and it ran the SC400.

Plugged it back into my A70, and it had spark on one bank. Replaced the coil on the other bank and now it runs.

So unfortunately I didn't find out what was wrong, it just started running.

Oh really? Then why would it need to be wired to a 7.5 fuse??

Okay well I'm here at the shop now, I'm going to try to run a ground from my battery to the motor (since it's in the trunk) and try grounding the ignitors, I pray I have spark :(

Mike from 1uzsupra - I have my green wire grounded and fused. There is a good case for fusing certain types of grounds, I just forget it at the moment. I've dealt with it when doing radio transceiver installations as well.

One of these days we'll get our wiring instructions all organized by connector name, pin number and proper color code. Doesn't help that we have other things going on in our lives and once the car is running things like those instructions just kind of sit on the back burner until we get some spare time to spend on them.

As for the spark issue, not sure why you wouldn't have spark but in every case, including my own, that I have come across it has always been a ground issue. As for the CEL light you can always wire a light directly to the CEL output on the ECU and trigger it into diagnostic mode. I think user Anodyne mentioned this at one point.

Ha ha, Mike I got it figured out, for some reason when I plugged the ECU back in it had spark, (after trying a few other ECU's).

The CEL light works now for some strange reason also. My RPM gauge is wrong for sure, but all in all, seems fun, can't wait for my parts to come in so I can build my y-pipe for the turbo :)

Ha ha, Mike I got it figured out, for some reason when I plugged the ECU back in it had spark, (after trying a few other ECU's).

The CEL light works now for some strange reason also. My RPM gauge is wrong for sure, but all in all, seems fun, can't wait for my parts to come in so I can build my y-pipe for the turbo :)

After two years, my tach is still wrong. It is easy enough to fix, it is just low on the priority list since it doesn't affect the performance of the car, lol. :D

ha ha, yeah my 1uz seems a little sluggish, but I kinda blame that on having my IC plumbed up without a turbo, and the lack of o2 sensors making run pig rich.

However hopefully that will change in a few days, I dropped the car off at the muffler shop, and they are building the y-pipe currently, so then I'll be able to put o2 sensors in it, and the car should run a bit better