1UZ say Hi from Bangkok (dyno test)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bmwE34

All i done are port and polish a little bit valve job 1JZ GTE manaul trans
VH45 throttle body and E11 from HALTECH final ratio 3.7

Is this fair for HP i got or i could make more? nice to know you guys

Wow... car looks great.
Very neat looking 1UZ install.

I would say that dyno chart is about right.
Those engines are meant to give ~300HP (flywheel) from the factory, so with the mods youve done, ~280HP at the wheels is quite good.

Must be a fun drive.

That shop where your dyno was done looks familiar. : ) : )

Eric

transmission come from 1JZ GTE need to make adapter and work on flywheel
HALTECH E11 can use with VVTi it's working fine if you want to know how i have to ask my machanic and tuner for you, nice to know you Brad

Attachments

• injector.JPG
    injector.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 7
bmwE34 said:
HALTECH E11 can use with VVTi it's working fine if you want to know how i have to ask my machanic and tuner for you, nice to know you Brad
If you could, that would be most helpful. I have a V6 MR2 that I'm building later this year and the engine choice will be determined by my ability to control VVTi with a stand alone. Of course, the v8 info would be cool also, as my 1uz lexus will get built and a reasonably large turbo in the future.

-B

MWP said:
Any ECU that has an extra PWM output port that is mappable (is that a word?) to RPM and maybe load (AFM/MAP/TPS) will control VVTi.
Ya, I had pretty much guessed that at this point. However, I just like to see what else people have come up with. Every now & then, someone REALLY surprises me with a creative solution. From what I can see in the pics, this car has that potential.

Is it safe to presume that I can control two VVT solenoids off of one PWM output? I'd guess electrically, that I would want to run them in series to and not parallel correct? (it's late for me, I'll have to do the whole ohms law thing tomorrow) :)

-B

if its mappable by load which would be 2d or load and rpm which is 3d using 2 outputs to control the vvti would be optimal.

it will take a lot of time mapping those functions i bet.

Hi, are you in Bangkok?

I am currently in Bangkok. I am doing a 1uzfe BMW E36 318is project.

I am very keen to meet up with you. Most importantly, to look at your great car. and of course, to discuss on our project.

Please call me at (66) 097888660. I live in Sathorn road. in front of Surasak BTS. or let me have your contact.

I am a Singaporean working and living in Bangkok now.

Really hope to meet up with you soon.

Call me. I am excited to meet up. At least I can have someone to talk about cars. if not life is very boring with women only. car can spice up life much more.. haha

Take care.

Regards
Derrick

bmwE34 said:
All i done are port and polish a little bit valve job 1JZ GTE manaul trans
VH45 throttle body and E11 from HALTECH final ratio 3.7

Is this fair for HP i got or i could make more? nice to know you guys

Hi,Derrick i will contact you soon because this week my car in Bodyshop if we go meet without the car then it's not a 100% i think you come to the right way beacuse i used to have 1UZ FE before VVTi and my machanic He do the space frame with 1UZ for 1/4 miles racing this year and he's like top 5 in thailand for Drag racing and My job can order the stuff from US for Drag racing to Thailand so i know where's the part to find in Thailand

Welcome to the fun island we're not alone now,nice to know you
P.S. in case you cant wait my no. 01557-8906
Chris

Hi Chris, Sawadee Krab. Nice to hear a reply from you. Yes. I feel not alone anymore. Especially we having very similar project.

I saw in Thai Magazine about a space frame 1uzfe twin turbo. Its a JZA80 supra shaped. correct? thats a very serious set up. Good job. But how is the progress? I guess with proper traction, the car should be 1 of the fastest around?

I will be going "Bang Na Siang Kong" this sat afternoon to buy engine. Join me?

Ok take care. Will call you soon. can't wait... cause doing car project alone can be quite boring at times.

Lastly, my set up will mainly for track I guess, some drag and occasionally drift. whats your favorite? I know drag is very popular here.

Take care.

Regards
Derrick

bmwE34 said:
Hi,Derrick i will contact you soon because this week my car in Bodyshop if we go meet without the car then it's not a 100% i think you come to the right way beacuse i used to have 1UZ FE before VVTi and my machanic He do the space frame with 1UZ for 1/4 miles racing this year and he's like top 5 in thailand for Drag racing and My job can order the stuff from US for Drag racing to Thailand so i know where's the part to find in Thailand

Chris

bmwE34 said:

Chris
Hello... i guess u r P'pui, right?

My friend, Mr koh and Mr Ping, told me about u and ur cool BMW car.. I am so exciting to hear that and guess we can see soon.

My car is W210 Merc which is powered by 1 uz - fe... (i guess u had know about it a little). Anyway, ur car is very nice but the engine is much more nice :veryhappy ..

Nice to know u krub.

Eak

proper little Thai love-in going on here!

:)

Good luck guys and post some numbers when you dyno your cars. 1UZ's in German cars a bit of a novelty then all of a sudden you lot have a couple of BMW's and a Merc on the go. Well done. I'm working on a Porsche 944 conversion in the UK though sometimes wonder if I've done the right thing as body corrosion issues are being as big a chore as the conversion itself.

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• HPIM0062.JPG
    HPIM0062.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi

I am Derrick and I am in Bangkok also.

I will be meetin Khun P'Pui soon, maybe this weekend. Perhaps you want to join us together?

Take care.

Keep in touch.

I just brought the engine last weekend and the engine will makes it way into the car maybe late this week or next week.

Take care

call me if you can.

Regards
Derrick

Merc-1UZ said:
Hello... i guess u r P'pui, right?

My friend, Mr koh and Mr Ping, told me about u and ur cool BMW car.. I am so exciting to hear that and guess we can see soon.

My car is W210 Merc which is powered by 1 uz - fe... (i guess u had know about it a little). Anyway, ur car is very nice but the engine is much more nice :veryhappy ..

Nice to know u krub.

Eak

1uz in Bangkok

Hi you guys. are you still doing the 1uz derrick?? i am a kiwi living in Bangkok and doing a 1uz also, your post are 2 years old now so maybe your not arouind anymore.

Troy