1UZ n/a engine dyno results

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Intake and exhaust lengths are governed by what would physically fit in the car. As the car was designed to use the Cosworth F3000 engine and it was limited to 9000rpm I assume they are around that rpm.

Port velocity at 7800 - 285 ft/sec, at 8400 - 307 ft/sec

I would rather keep exact cam specs, but they are based on the HB Cosworth V8, 330 deg, .430" lift.

Yes, bit of a drive. We would love to come over and run in the US 'Boss' series though.
Any sponsor's listening ??
Bob drove for Jones/Eisert Racing in the early '70's US F5000 series.
http://www.oldracingcars.com/f5000/lola/t330.htm

RMS,

Thanks for the reply. I don't blame you for keeping your specs to yourself. I am sure you put a lot of time and money getting them right. Also, any other real intake port tricks done to this motor??? I am assuming right around 31.5mm port diameter behind the valve head. Is the port basically tappered to the valve or does it have an hour glass shape to it???
Sorry to pry a little bit. I am very curious to that awesome torque curve. Once again, thank you. I appreciate your openess to sharing your hard work.

RMS,

Those are aggressive cams. I wonder how does the engine idle? We have stage II cams (regrind) but no where near your specs.
REGRIND CAMS
Stock 2UZFE: 250 duration 315 llift
Stage I: 266 duration 345 lift
Stage II: 274 duration 385 lift

Just an awesome dyno..... Most stock engine would quit but it keeps going to 9,000 territory. Amazing....

RMS,

Those are aggressive cams. I wonder how does the engine idle? We have stage II cams (regrind) but no where near your specs.
REGRIND CAMS
Stock 2UZFE: 250 duration 315 llift
Stage I: 266 duration 345 lift
Stage II: 274 duration 385 lift

Just an awesome dyno..... Most stock engine would quit but it keeps going to 9,000 territory. Amazing....
David,
Our cam profile is race only and could not be used on the street, idle is around 1500/1800 rpm - 6"dia flywheel and 5"dia clutch doesn't help, not lumpy or 'cammy' just no grunt under 4500.

bobby797,
'If you have to ask, you can't afford it'.
You could buy a couple of sc400's and still have some change.

lol, what would that make it erol, movie grade stage MCMLXXV ?

what the hell is a stage anyway?
is it part of the US shopping/engine 'building' experience? "Ah yes sir, the parts you require are in Isle 14, left side, chest height, look for the 'stage 2' boxes..."

lol, what would that make it erol, movie grade stage MCMLXXV ?

what the hell is a stage anyway?
is it part of the US shopping/engine 'building' experience? "Ah yes sir, the parts you require are in Isle 14, left side, chest height, look for the 'stage 2' boxes..."

Ed, "Stage" is a term that (IIRC) started out with the cam builders in the 60's, before you were born.

I think Ed Iskenderian may have been the first to use to use it; anyway it caught on and stayed with us, sort of like "hotrod", which pre-dates us both.

And yes, probably both Summit and Jegs, have complete "Stage 2" engine kits for sale for the SBC's and SBF's on Isle 14, or page 10 of their catalogs :)

just seems like a very silly, completely unquantifiable term for a very complex component - which can hardly in itself be regarded as an 'out of the box' add on yielding X amout of stage 2 power

reminds me of NFS - stage 7 weight reduction....

No doubt the "Stage" term has been overused and abused. "Mild Street", "Lumpy Street", "Street/Strip", and "Full Race" were tried for awhile too.

People buying cams don't always have the technical background it takes to fully understand what they're buying, so "Street/Strip" or "Stage II" makes it a "safer" purchasing trip for them.

Too, retail outlets like Jegs & Summit aren't exactly expert engine building advisors either, so by lumping all the go fast gear into 3-4 general categories, I suppose most customers could dumb their way through the purchase without too much drama (both then and now).

At least that's what we did back in the 60's - I can still remember one of my mates saving his money from his parttime job pumping gas to buy a "full race" Isky cam, and a Tarantula single plane manifold, topped with a big double pumper Holley. All to go into his '57 Chevy with the king of motors at the time - a 327. We all thought this guy was God when he bought this stuff, actually managed to get it all installed, and it even ran after a fashion. I remember taking a ride with him in it; you could watch the gas gauge start plummeting as the big Holley starting pouring fuel into the motor, and the smell of raw fuel was overpowering. But that's when leaded premium was only $0.29 per gallon, so what did we care.

Wow has the terminology and technology ever changed since then....

Not quite stock David ! Rev limiter is set at 9200.
Rods, pistons,12.5 comp, cams, cam buckets, springs, 36mm inlet, 32mm exh, raised ports, 50mm slide plate itb's, siemens piezo crystal injectors, exhaust, dry sump, motec m800, motec 8 channel cdi, etc, etc.
Running 98 octane pump fuel.
Sweet mother of god :eek2:

wow RMS that thing has to be a rocket. Nothing like a low Pound/HP figure. Anything else you would like to share as far as engine specs go with us... Listening intently.

So you finally got it running, Erol? I assume that is the same engine which was sitting in your garage some 3 years ago?

Nice one.

Are you planning on running this thing at Wakefield at any stage?