1UZ into my Off-Road Long Travel Tacoma

What type of finish for the aluminum parts that are left?

• A gruelling smooth and shiny polish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A nice even and bright abrasive sanding.

• A quick acid wash to bleach them nice and bright.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks for the heads up Smithers...I defenitely don't hope I am targeted for a car jack or car theft that would suck...However, I can handle myself confidently so if somebody wants to try this type of wreckless behavior again they better hope I don't see them in action...

Silver Taco I don't know what that bold guy was thinking..

Carry on fellas thanks for listening....

Alright alright no biggie. Here is a quote from earlier in this (notice I didn't say "my") thread. The point of all this is to help everyone so let's get back to work.
Here is what I'm doing when it comes to the transmission. to stick with the factory manual 4wd Toyota transmissions. To clear things up the R150 is the 2wd and the R150F is the 4wd. I'll surely be using my W59 initially as I want to see how it holds up. In the meantime I'll be keeping an eye out for a R150F to use later on. The good news is that I have the preferred gear driven transfer case and this will require that I buy an adapter to mate it to the R150F. Hopefully Advanced adapters can help me out with one of these. All in good time.

Hey R,

FYI - http://montana.craigslist.org/pts/538356991.html
:fing02:

Ooo looks like it requires an exchange. No dice thanks though man. I think using one from a newer Tacoma model would be ideal so that people can see how well it works and that it can be done. More people would be interested and it would be a much better quality unit. Not that I'm selling adapters or anything. I'll decide that once I finish my 1st one, who knows. One of my clients just made me sick and I'm waiting on my friend to have some time to help me next month. :scratchchin: I did uncover the engine though and got out my wiring harness to look at. :22:

Adapter Plate

I have been following your thread, it is great, that motor looks awesome. I am in the process of swaping a 1UZ into a 2000 Tacoma, and have found an adapter plate from New Zealand for a W59 for only about $260 with shipping included, if you are intrested.

Sure what the hell. I've heard rumors about them being made over in NZ. PM me with the info or your contact info or whatever. I'm in the middle of a lot of constant work right now without any breaks. I'll be getting to a point at which I can dedicate the time needed to dropping the engine in the ol truck soon. That's all I think about, hehe.

Man I've been busy wreckin Italian streetbikes, LOL! I tricked it out new suspenson, rims and everything. Then went a little crazy on the test ride. Man I'm addicted to speed like none other. I got new parts in the mail right now and I'll be heading to the race track after that. If anyone wants to read about the mayhem, be my guest: http://www.fourwheelforum.com/index.php?showtopic=191

aprilia_rebuild_01.jpg

YES I am feeling guilty and I thought after I was done putting the bike together I would be moving on to the truck project. Work is also killin me (good cause the money is needed) and I'm rebuilding a Landcruiser engine to pay for the bike repairs and then some. :banana:

Landcruiser rebuild - Long Beach GP on April 18th - THEN it's full time on the truck. No really....

Ahhh looks so nice. Streetbike is almost together then it's engine time.
1uz_00.jpg

Sorry guys I got sidetracked working on a few motorcycles in the last few months and got sidetracked really badly. I had towels over my engines because I felt guilty seeing the poor things in the garage. =]

honda_cl70_033.jpg

But now it's time to get this show on the road. I need the Lexus in my Taco so I can have fun with it this summer. Recently an old racer buddy of mine has stepped up to offer help with my transmission adapting process. He has all sorts of hydo throwout bearings and he has one for me that he says will bolt right up and work perfectly. I'm not sweating that part at all. Plus he has tons of leftover high pressure racing fuel adapters and hardware I can pick through. And last night I confirmed that my engineer friend is on standby and ready to help whip out a steel adapter ring for my W59 Tacoma transmission bellhousing to the 1UZ. I'm making room to do the swap tomorrow so I'll be looking forward to starting this week!

progress.gif
Finally!
progress.gif

Haha I hear that! Man it's HARD to get to a point that you can be without your truck for a couple weeks. And then for me to have help from a couple key people to speed up the process is kinda like waiting for an eclipse. The person that is also volunteering his engine hoist is also putting his big block into his Impala this weekend so I'll be picking that up on mon/tues. If not I know of another one to borrow. It's going to be awesome. I need to paint the inside of my engine bay while I'm at it... Man I can't wait.

Here's what I have in my engine compartment right now. The truck moves pretty good until I put some weight behind it. I'm absolutely sure that I'll get better fuel mileage too. I get 17mpg right now like clockwork. I'm not doing it for the MPG though! :scratchchin:

tf_engine.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_4595_sized.jpg
    DSC_4595_sized.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC_4597_sized.jpg
    DSC_4597_sized.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_4601_sized.jpg
    DSC_4601_sized.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_4600_sized.jpg
    DSC_4600_sized.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 203
1uz_toyota_tacoma.jpg

Just cleaned out the garage and drained the oil from the tranny, removed the exhaust. I should have my adapter plate template done by tomorrow afternoon. Then we'll see how long it takes my shop to produce it. Good times.

Attachments

• Lexus 4L V8 2.JPG
    Lexus 4L V8 2.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 209
  • W58 Gearbox 1.jpg
    W58 Gearbox 1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Lexus 4L V8 3.jpg
    Lexus 4L V8 3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 210
  • W58 Gearbox 3.jpg
    W58 Gearbox 3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 203
Haha yeah that's some pretty fast photoshoppin right therr! It definitely doesn't look right. :stooges: The red is krinkle coat red by my local powder coating company. I love that stuff. It's pretty resistant to dirt and grim on top of being really thick. I've done a couple engines like that. The black on the 4cyl engine that you see in the other picture is krinkle black.

hot_like_fire_00.jpg

fwf_red01.jpg

fwf_red02.jpg