1uz into my jeep

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

smokey13

the engine fits with the normal 1uz problems with the oil filter and headers here are the pics of it in the frame. now i need help with the fan pump delete

motor23.jpg

motor24.jpg

motor25.jpg

motor26.jpg

motor27.jpg

motor28.jpg

motor29.jpg

motor30.jpg

motor31.jpg

motor32.jpg

ok here is my first big problem ive read the post here about what pinout/diagram to us for this swap but im still confused what one i need. :blackeye: ok the yellow plug is the engine side plug for the ecu and the gray one is wraped with it and the tird plug is still in the car do i need to cut that pug out of the car, is it for the tranny control or is this built in the ecu. im running the tranny that came out of the car and converting it o 4x4 so i need the tranny control. any help is good help thanks GREG
motor17.jpg

motor11.jpg

motor6.jpg

motor7.jpg

well not much to report. still in the same boat as before waiting for the t-case so i can make the mounts. my buddy told me about this flipped land cruiser that has been abandond for about 4 years now, hoping its still there. i come to the conclusion that the headers have to be made, the floor is fine no body lift (yet). im going to move the front axle forward about 4" to clear the oil pan. and the rear back to keep my drive shaft.

Ok got up to date info. I got the pilot bushing today so I was able to slide the two together for s fit check looks good. I had the bell housing shave by 12mm and making a 9mm adaptor plate for it. I had to order the 9mm plate I hope it is here by Wednesday. Did some real rough measuring looks like the tranny might bolt into the same mount. Im hoping so bad it does so I can use the drive shafts. Well that is were im at now.
6~0.jpg

7~0.jpg

1~0.jpg

Yeah nice work! You're making some good progress there. Yeah fit the engine back to the stock tranny mount and you got it made. It's much easier to take care of the engine mounting location and fitment problems than to modify the tranny location and driveline. Having a custom driveshaft done is so hit and miss. I had a couple driveshafts done in my day and they were never perfect but now there are specialty shops that advertise in magazines that will take care of things the right way. I'm lucky I found a pro near me that is a master driveline guy. But the best way is to avoid the whole issue and save the money for some new off-road seats or something.

Wow I just noticed that you are in Japan! Sweet!

Ok I’m hoping to get my 9mm plate to start the adaptor plate in the morn. My ? is, do u guys think the stock 4spd will hold up? The v8 makes 260hp right? I’m thinking yes cuz its all cast iron and it seems to be pretty beefy for only being 11" long. But time will tell. So what do u think?

Well as you can see I got a lot done this weekend with the engine install. It all fits under the hood and behind the radiator. The tranny bolts into the stock mount what a plus :shock:. The driver side header fits too. As you can see the oil filter is not going to work now, I need the other filter mount. Sometime this week ill get the motor mounts made and it all will come out to do all the welding. I hade to hammer the fire wall to make room, and I might cut and reshape it a little better. More to come.
engine_%287%29.jpg

engine_%288%29.jpg

engine_%289%29.jpg

engine_%284%29.jpg

engine_%285%29.jpg

engine_%286%29.jpg

engine.jpg

engine_%2815%29.jpg

engine_%2811%29.jpg

Very nice work … you are asking for the part # for the SC400 right ? it will be ok for your Jeep since its little shorter

well last night i got the motor all mounted in the jeep my next big thing is to get the headers made now that it is mounted here are the motor mounts

mounts2.jpg

mounts3.jpg

mounts4.jpg

mounts1.jpg

not realy the 1uz is a smooth running motor, but when it all comes back out for the finaly welds and clean up im renforcing the mounts. and i think i might make a torque arm off the tranny adaptor i made too

No need for rubber ???
i dont think so my last build i didnt use any and it was on a ford 460 bored 30 over big cam and the np435. 1uz is better balanced then it was and less power. but you know the old saying time will tell

Attachments

• 1UZ Headers (Large).jpg
    1UZ Headers (Large).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2
well the d-side header is done just got to have the flange milled flat and sand blast it and panit. wasnt to bad to make the p-side is going to be the bad one i got less room. the runners are 1" 1/2 into a 3" collector into 2"1/2 exhaust pipe. if i got enough pipe left for the other side its only cost me $130 plus time
header1.jpg

header2.jpg

header3.jpg

header4.jpg

header5.jpg

header6.jpg