1uz into lj78 prado

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

haynzy

Ok, Im about to embark on dropping a 1uz in to my prado using the prado a343f trans,
Questions are.......
Can you retain 2lte ecu and plumb in water temp and oil pres to keep dash gauges going?
Is there a detailed guide to converting the a343f to manual shift on here as I cant seem to find it?
I have read on here about adding the lexus speed sensor to allow original shift patterns, what is involved in doing this?
Any other tips would be appreciated.

Heres photos of one we worked on. Customer fitted motor using mounts from trade me (which I make and supply ). We did a bit of sorting of the running of the motor and made the trans work correctly. Photo shows it on the dyno. You can throw the 2Lt Ecu away and the oil pressure and temp will work fine. If it has a oil gauge the 2L-t sender will need to be fitted to the 1uz. We also do intake fuel pumps for this conversion along with other bits and pieces.

There are a few tricks to making the trans work as it runs a separate ECT which is usually found up by the steering column. As soon as the 2L is removed the trans goes into limp mode and short shifts second and doesnt kickdown correctly As it receives signals from the 2L-TE ecu.
There is more to it than adding a speed sensor to make the trans work. They drive really nice with the trans set up correctly and are a really good offroad machine too. There are mechanical tricks and electrical tricks and they work well.

Where in NZ are you?

Cheers

Attachments

• August stuff - lextreme 002.jpg
    August stuff - lextreme 002.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 51
  • August stuff - lextreme 005.jpg
    August stuff - lextreme 005.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 42
yes i would not try to use the 2lte trans ecu for the trans
just keep it for the 4wd
unless u really know what signal u need to replicate the one from 2lte engine ecu to auto ecu then i would just use 1uz ecu to do 1uz auto
99% of toyota temp senders are same resistance so yr temp gauge might be ok
swap yr oil pressure sender over unless u have an oil light as near all 1uzs have oil light sensor
tacho will be way off
remove tacho and get it calibrated

u dont need the 2lte ecu to get gauges to work
they just go from sensors in motor direct to dash
except for tacho which is easy to sort out anyway

Palmerston North, I would love to keep the auto as it is now but if its gonna be too difficult I will go the manual shift way. I will prob use your mounts when I do it though, they retain original trans position?
I may also look at getting you to look at the loom, I want to do as much as I can here but having done a swap like this before and having seen guys try patch them together themselves before I would rather have someone in the know do it.
Basicly at this stage Im looking at starting in about a month so gathering as much info as I can to get it mostly right 1st time.
In those pics it looked like the original Radiator? does it keep it nice and cool?
It took 3 attemts to get my 7mge/hilux to cool properly.

It can be kept auto like it is now. If I do the job I will need your prado trans , the lexus trans that comes with your motor and the loom. I have another trans in the shop at the moment to do as well. Im a bit like Sideshow now and have changed the way I do business. I dont share too much info until people become customers then Im happy to help all the way through and my receptionist only lets good customers phone calls through to me. That way I have time to help people who dont want to waste my time with free info.
Jim - I dont think the 2L-te ECU has anything to do with the 4x4 on this model. The surf diesels dont either unlike the Petrol ones which run the 4x4 through the ECU( I dump them too and wire my own setup)

This truck did have the stock radiator in it in these photos but it was a bit marginal in deep sand. There was the a/c radiator in front of it as well. It ended up getting a different radiator with the hydraulic cooling fan which move heaps of air. I feel the electric fans that where on it where not enough CFM. When buying fans good quality is importand and avoid no name trade me fans. Normally a stock big core radiator that is in good condition is fine for keeping these motors cool. Cheers

Fair enough we all have to make a living,
If I sent the prado auto up to you and had the lexus delivered to you, aprox how much to do it?
Or if I drive it in and then drive out how much?

Better for you to remove the auto and flick it long with the lexus auto and loom up to me. No point paying me for a job you can do yourself. Just like fitting the motor , if you can do it workself then thats part of the fun and satisfaction of doing a conversion. Give me a call or better still send me an email - My workshop is called The Cartune Company in Hamilton. Email is on my website or via trade me. Cheers