1uz into lc,lx or 80 Landcruiser auto

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

psiuz

Has anyone put the mighty 1uz in front of A442F auto (found in the 80series 92-98) if so how do we control it or maybe the A440F (90-92 model).

Regards Justin

1UZ into 80 series

Hi I have had the 1UZ fitted to my 60 series and used the original manual gearbox.

A new bell housing was purchased from Dellow Automotive in Sydney.

The gear box was brought forward as the engine would not go back far enough. This was no big deal, the front drive shaft was shortened and the rear lenghtened.

The engine fan was tossed and an electric one fitted to the radiator.

This conversion should be easy enough in an 80 series and you could check with Dellow if they do an adaptor for the auto.

more smiles per mile with 1UZ. Cheers.

just looked up my diagrams and found the auto tranny from the 80 series works thru the engine ecu
and the solenoids work different to how a 1uz auto solenoids work

so yr best bet is to go manual or make the 1uz auto fit the transfer or what ever u need for 4wd

i have had a look at an 80 series landcruiser running the std engine/auto ecu to control the auto
but it had a 6.6lt chev turbo diesel and it had probs chanigning gears

but if u have a shitoad of money to get things working properly anything can be done

but for the 80 series i think u have to go manual cause if you went std 1uz engine and kept it in auto form u would not be impressed with the amount of money spent to how much you gain

but a shop i do alotr of work for did an lc torana with a manual and it screemed

Thanks Guys
Sideshow what eng where the diagrams for. I already have a turbo diesel 80 with auto didn't think it had eng ecu thought only connection with auto was the kickdown cable on the fuel pump. Prob wrong though

its for an 80 series 4.5 petrol
if yrs is diesel then it prob doesnt run an electronic auto transmission

so yr safe there