1UZ idle!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Big_Lux

Been having some issues for a while now with my 1UZ (UZZ31) hilux. It has stopped idling properly and is a pain to start. The first start of the day, it will barely idle and usually stalls. Some days it will start and idle fine at 1200RPM and next day, nothing. I can't drive it, as everytime I brake or slow down, the idle will drop severely and it stalls..

Have done the following to try and find the problem:

Cleaned/Rebuilt IACV
Cleaned throttle body
New fuel pumps (lift pump and Bosch 044)
Water temp sensor
Checked for vacuum leaks
Checked ECU for leaking caps

Was listening to the motor and there is a hissing sound coming from the fuel pressure regulator. When the vacuum hose is removed from the FPR, the idle increases a lot.There is no fuel getting into the hose from the FPR.

Where can I purchase a new FPR from? Toyota will have to order from Japan and that will take weeks. Is there an aftermarket one that will bolt in?

Hi!
Before you go to all the trouble of changing the FPR, just hook up a temporary gauge and check the actual fuel pressure. All FPRs do make some kind of sound and yours may be normal.

If you have the aluminum rails there is a blanking bolt on the front side. Otherwise you an also remove the damping unit and replace it with a normal banjo bolt that has been drilled and tapped to make provision for connecting a gauge.
These pics are from my 3UZ but should give you an idea of what to look for.

Fuel rail.JPG

Fuel damping unit.JPG