1UZ-FE Dimensions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MWP

Hi all,

Has anyone got a good technical drawing of a front sump 1UZ?

I need to know how far back and how low i can sit the engine in my RA28 Celica.

I dont want to buy an engine, then find out i cant get it back far enough so my engineer will pass it.

Thanks!

Try this (I'll keep searchin in the meantime.)
attachment.php

Awesome, thanks for that photo!
Exactly the view of the sump i needed.

Unfortunatley it looks like that gap might still not be big enough to fit my engine xmember and attached modified steering rack :(

Looks like ill have to cut the back of the steel sump bowl off and add more capacity to the front.

MWP,

Have you thought about using a 3mm plate of steel as an adapter and moving the whole tin pan forward by drilling the holes to move the pan as far as you need.

I've relocated my mid sump aft and to the left (Aussie passengers side) by 50mm and retained the standard oil pickup and dipstick location.

MWP said:
Hi all,

Has anyone got a good technical drawing of a front sump 1UZ?

I need to know how far back and how low i can sit the engine in my RA28 Celica.

I dont want to buy an engine, then find out i cant get it back far enough so my engineer will pass it.

Thanks!
Very cool project you have going. I've got a pipe dream conjured up to one day to the same engine swap into the same generation Celica. Do you have any more details on your progress thus far? Be sure to post photos when you have that engine shoehorned into the engine bay. Keep up the great work!