1uz ecu oddities

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mickhilux

I have a 1uz in a 93 extracab hilux and have been driving it for 6months or more and have clocked up over 5500ks, i decided to clean up the wiring as it comes thru the firewall and i started chopping any wire that wasn't used and terminating it with heatshrink etc, i did this one by one so i know there is no bare wires i forgot. When i started it up after having the battery disconnected it did a funny thing that i hadn't done before, it idled straight up to 2000rpm and then slowly came down to 1500, i revved it a couple of times and it seemed reluctant to come back to idle straight away. I cycled the key off and on again and it went away, idled smooth and revved clean. Next day i took it for a drive and noticed it wanted to be in overdrive all the time and would not kickdown under any circumstances. I can change manually and it holds 1st gear but when i put it in 2nd it goes into 3rd and hold 3rd till i hit drive and then it goes into overdrive immediately. I have got 12v at the yellow wire which provides power to the trans selector switch on the tranny, i thought that when i drove the ute it felt like the box didnt know what gear to be in, i have both O/D and pwr/econ switches hooked up and they test fine with a test light,and worked fine before i cleaned up the wiring. Oh the engine ECU and trans are out of a 91 Soarer with the single ECU, any help apreciated and thanx in advance MICK.