1UZ boost questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

grinno

Hi, im looking at supercharging my 1UZ in my hilux. Im doing it for low down and over all HP gain and not all out power. I been keen on these Raptor superchargershttp://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=18 But only want to run 6 psi.

Will i have to use larger injectors and aftermarket ECU or will the factory ECU handle the boost and know what to do with it?

Their blurb says 10.5psi and they supply bigger injectors.

If you geared it down to only supply 6psi it wouldn't come on boost until very late in the rev range.

Bear in mind a centrifugal is more like a turbo in that it usually comes on song later in the rev range than say an Eaton or twin screw.

My twin screw can give me over 10psi at 1,000rpm and top out at over 20psi.

If you want low down grunt you can't go past an old fashioned top mount supercharger.

Their blurb says 10.5psi and they supply bigger injectors.

If you geared it down to only supply 6psi it wouldn't come on boost until very late in the rev range.

Bear in mind a centrifugal is more like a turbo in that it usually comes on song later in the rev range than say an Eaton or twin screw.

My twin screw can give me over 10psi at 1,000rpm and top out at over 20psi.

If you want low down grunt you can't go past an old fashioned top mount supercharger.

thanks for the info,

I completly agree with you an if i could i would use a bullet cars eaton m90 kit.
But bonnet clearance is a big issue with mine, i have a 1 inch body lift already so the bonnet doesnt hit the front of the manifold when closed.

I dont have room for small turbos either, unless i run them low mount and use a scavenger pump to get the oil out and back up to the sump. but thats just over the top for what im trying to achieve.

The Raptor kit is complete bolt on and includes a piggy back ECU to handle the extra airflow so 10.5 psi provided by the kit is no probs.

A tad pricey but all bolt on and proven bit of kit....supposedly.....if it doesn't deliver get your money back i reckon?

a tad pricey alright, an im a bit reluctant to stray away from stock toyota computer, last time i got an aftermarket one fitted to a car it made awsome numbers but was never really like factory again. That was through someone who had the biggest reputation in townsville for tuning WRXs.

Grinno,

You would retain the factory ECU and use the piggy back to modify signal inputs going into it.

Theoretically the best of both worlds.