1UZ and auto into Hilux 4wd info

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

duza

I am into the process of trying to purchase a forerunner auto and transfer so I can remove the output shaft and housing and fit it to the lexus box. This conversion is to go into a 94 Hilux which has a right hand side transfer in it with IFS. I have read numerous threads on this and other forums but wish to clarify what I think I know before I actually spend the money.

1. I have an A341E box from the Lexus. It has a plate on the side saying it is an Aisin Model No 30-41LE.
2. I think I need to buy an auto tranny and transfer case from a mid 90s V6 Runner, which should be an A340F, but I have also heard that it could be an A343F. Either of these trannys should be compatible but anA340H is not.
3. I will also have to drill a hole in the side of the transfer case where there is currently a blank, in order to fit a speed sensor which is currently located in the rear housing of the Lexus tranny.
4. I will also need the sensor pickup from the Lexus output shaft and fit it somehow into the 4 Runner tranny so that the pickup points coincide with the speed sensor I have previously fitted.

Does all this sound right? Am I missing something or even wrong? I would be grateful for some learned input here. Cebbie, Webby, Clown Boy, or any one else who can clear up my befuddled brain, please help. I am in Sydney.

did you ever get an answer to your question?

I'm thinking of modding my 1972 FJ40 from a 3B diesel engine to a Lexus 1UZ-FE engine.

The 1UZ engine came with an Aisin 30-41LE gearbox which has a left-hand output (as viewed from the driving seat). However the front axle on the FJ40 is designed to be driven from the right-hand side (again, as viewed from the driver's seat).

Did what gearbox did you find that was suitable for your mod?

Cheers,

David

4Runners Auto's from 88-95 Were the A340H. They didn't start using the A340F until the 1996 in the 4Runners(1995 Tacoma's). The A340H was a right side drop. The A340F models were a left side drop. this info is for US models. Not sure about other countries.

The A340H was designed to share its fluid with the transfer case and not a very good doner unless you use the chain transfer case that came with it. Definitely good if you use dual cases.

Inchworm gear makes an adapter to mate a left side drop A340F to a standard 21/23 spline right drop gear driven transfer case. Or, Inchworm gear also makes an adapter called the "prerunner adapter" that was designed to convert 2wd Tacoma Prerunner trucks to 4wd using a standard 21/23 spline gear driven transfer case. It will also bolt direcly to the Lexus transmission since it is physically the same as the Tacoma 2wd. You have to cut a portion of the output shaft but its the smae procedure as the Tacoma's.

http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/

Attachments

• AFRsMALL.JPG
    AFRsMALL.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 339