1uz 4x4 low range shift prob

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hi-lex

its been a while since I last posted, been doin 1uz's into all sorts of stuff, the latest is a 98 hilux/tacoma extra cab 4x4 that we put a surf auto transfer case mated to the ls400 auto, prob is with only the backup speed sensor in the cluster conected it shifts fine in 2wd but wont change outa first in 4wd low until its doin 70kph so the motor is revin its box off, anyone got any sugestions? is it to do with the speed sensor? do we need the speed sensor on the transmision output shaft instead of the driveshaft ? anyone else had this prob?

I retained the speed sensor between the transmission and transfer have had no problems. If you dont want to put it in you could try multiplying the signal from the cluster when in low range.

so you used the 2 wire sender? I thought that was for the abs and not compatible to the ecu, what input did u use an what ecu do yu have, we have 4 plug celsior/ls400, 1992ish, thanks for your input

I have a Majesta with ecu with 3 40 pin plugs.The sensor at the rear of the transmission tells the computer how fast it is going. The abs works off speed sensors at each wheel .
You must be revving awful fast to get 70kph in first low I am lucky to get that in first high.

the 2 wire sensors are for the ecu to change gears

crown 1uz is only gbox with abs sensors and they have a seperate auto ecu anyway

i dont know why people leave the back sensors off

i hear and see this hsit alll the time and walk away form the job unless guy is prepered to pay shitloads

the back sensor is output shaft speed so its pretty crucial

they have 4 pulses every revolution so maybe u can bodgey somehting up on the tailshaft

anyway goodluck

Thanks guys, I will make him take the transfercase off an fit the sensor ring, we didnt think about the low range when we first did it, its my first hilux 4x4 auto, have only used dash cluster b4 and a holden 4 pulse sensor in a merc 4x4 I helped out on but it didnt need the speedo output from tran so we screwwed the holden one straight on