1st Gen LS400 Brake Upgrade

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
The brake for the two years of LS400 is very weak. There are few choices for upgrade. As JBrady stated, the 95 LS400 would be a nice choice as well as the Supra TT. However, both of the brake system would require larger rims.

Lots members believe that if they get any rim over 17" or 18" would be fine. However, beside the off set and the rim size. The pattern of the design also very very important. Supra and the 2nd Gen LS400 has large calipers and it would not clear if you just put in any rims. However the rims are designed affect the fitmentship. So, do your research first before upgrade.

One great example would a member of this forum came over my house to test out his 18" into the Supra TT brake system. Sadly to say, it didnt not fit. The over rim diameter was ok, but the rim didnt clear the calipers. In order to make it work, we would need at least 1/2" spacer and it would look very ugly. Basically the rims stuckout about 1/2" from the fender.... not a good choice...

Make u do research before get the upgrade.... However, if you get the oem rims for that model and year would work perfectly. For example, if you 95 LS upgrade, get the 95 LS rims or Supra TT oem rims...

rim question

i have a 91 ls with 1998 gs400 17" rims. will these rims clear the supra tt brake upgrade?? thanks for your help!

kiron said:
i have a 91 ls with 1998 gs400 17" rims. will these rims clear the supra tt brake upgrade?? thanks for your help!
The TT brake would not clear the 17" GS rims. It would clear TT rims and later model Ls stock rims I think.

sonbum1 said:
What about the rear brakes???? is anyone developing a rear tt brake conversion for the LS or SC?
The rear TT brake should bolt right on to the SC rear. Maybe even the LS too since it's pretty much the same brake set up. I'm sure about the LS, I have to check on that. But you shouldn't need the change the rear to TT because they are pretty much the same size and single piston.