Need Help on 1st GEN LS400 suspension

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TadasGTi-R

Hello Guys,
I need any help on finding and deciding on suspension for 1992 LS400. The car will be used on circuit racing.. to be more exact on endurance circuit racing. This is more for promotion, but I want car to look adequate to the place we will be using it.
I allready have few question maybe you can answer:
1. Does suspension from 2nd GEN LS400 95+ fit on my car?
2. What coilovers you can recomend...?
I really need any quick replies, please..

Respectfully,
Tadas

I dont know how they would suit circuit racing but I have JIC coilovers in my 1990 Celsior, I am going to be raising it on Saturday and will get the model number off them if your interested.

There is a person on Club Lexus selling a set of JIC coil overs for $750 I would have bought them but no dampening. Look in the LS classifieds if interested.

Yeah def. go with the JIC's. I have their flt-a2 model on my 91' and the LS handles better than people give them credit for. I have front & rear strut bars, rear 1'' sway bay, all poly bushes, and fully boxed lateral arms and with enough stiffening 4-5 lane changes at onces at 120+ is cake! this 4k car can have some fun with most stock bimmers. I would never build another lexus w/o JIC's.

also, box those lateral arms, and get a front/rear strut bar, those will get rid of the horrible body roll/understeer that your experiencing. Old LS's handle like caddies... soft comfy ride but soft, lifeless suspension. IMHO coilovers in general would be the best investment if your just getting into the suspension realm. Second i would say rear sway bar or/ strut bars (LS has the WORST chassis flex).

If your having trouble finding sways a company called "Addco" makes A bar FOR SURE for UCF10. I got mine for $125 and its 7/8'' dia. The stock one is a joke since its a pencil thick rod trying to correct body roll on a 4000lb car... not a good engineering decision. I wish I could have gotten one with 1.25'' instead but 7/8'' is doing its job well. I spent an entire week on/off looking for sways and ended up finding addco and no-one else.

spf hey man i got the bar today and am trying to install it. but the replacement bushing mounts the gold ones they sent with the bar dont seem to match did you have this problem... if so what did you do?

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 3
  • clean 003.jpg
    clean 003.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 4
Yeah I remember getting mine and trying to line up the holes and they were a little off right? I ended up boring the holes bigger and used some loc tite. I originally re-used the oem mounts and forced the old ones but eventually made the supplied ones fit. The housings thats "gold" are solid zinc and will not flex much and w/ the poly bushing it's worth your time to make it fit. The tighter the fit the tighter your overall rear end will perform.

so i had drilled the holes out and got it to fit not sure i understood what you meant about the poly bushing though. you made it fit in the old bracket or the new gold one sent with the kit. cause my gold brackets are too long to fit inbetween the metal space like the old brackets do.

Edit: ok after re-reading i got that so i guess my question is what did you do to make the supplied gold brackets fit?

I was under my car today so the picture is still fresh.... the supplied gold brackets + bushings have a flush bottom when fitted together. The oem has a gap in the middle thats filled by a metal protrusion and you need to saw that off. Just use a dremel with a carbon wheel, then file smooth or as you like and with the bolt holes on the gold bracket made a little bigger it should fit no pro. The metal "hump" needs to go to accommodate the gold ones.