1998 - 2000 LS400 Power Steering Pump rebuild info

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

My pump is weeping oil from it looks like more than one spot at 174k miles.

Rather than buy a "rebuilt" pump with questionable work I purchased a used OEM pump that I will install and then rebuild my existing pump at some point.

There are a few tutorials on rebuilding the Lexus PS pumps. The earlier pump looks very similar to later and rebuilding should be very much the same.

One of the things not stressed seems to be bearing replacement. One of the causes of seal failure would be bearing play. Replacing seals with a loose bearing would lead to seal failure again. One of the questions I would have with a rebuilt part.
Looking through Sewell Lexus online parts they list the bearing at a CL discount of $17 + tx + sh.
Seems like the right thing to do at this price for OEM. One of the FEW OEM parts priced reasonably.

Found under:
OEM Parts Parts Catalog > 1999 LS400 parts > Powertrain & Chassis , VANE PUMP & RESERVOIR (POWER STEERING)

Part number 44312A 9036317017
Lexus OEM Bearing (For Vane Pump Shaft) 1 Ships 24-48 hrs $20.54 $17.09

Not the case with the hoses. Prices for the LOW pressure side add up to apx $350 discounted and the HIGH pressure assembly is $320. Heck just the 6" piece of 5/8" ID low pressure hose from the reservior to the pump is $27 with list price of $45!!!

450737D.jpg