12 ton hydraulic pipe bender?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Death By Bass

what can I actually bend with this thing? what would its main use be?

pipe12-1.jpg

gokart frame?

I can't think of much else... haha :p

hmm..

oh yeah, whats the minimum/maximum pipe wall thickness this type of bender will bend? obviously too thin, and it just kinks, right?

thanks!

if you are looking to build a cage or frame, go for a JD2 manual bender, Yes its not as cheep as the hydro one but its affordable and much much better. I bet you could build an entire tube chassis with this thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JD2-Model-3-Tub...ryZ92150QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not building anything :) I bought an elcheapo 12 ton press to replace ALL the steering/suspension bushes in my sh!tbox daily driver, and they stuffed up when they loaded it into my car, and gave me a 12 ton bender as well. :p

I'm going to contact them tomorrow about it, let them know they can come pick it up from my house, as I'm not wasting my time, money, or petrol returning it (its about 40 minute drive each way)

the thing with these benders are the walls of the dies a too thin and splay out when used. they're fine for a while but eventually stretch and cause kinking in the centre of the bend. the rollers on the sides cause indents on either side where they contact the pipe and don't actually roll.
still are handy or the odd small job where perfection/looks aren't important.

exhaust piping walls are too thin.

Exhaust piping walls are too thin to bend...Come again?

Most every exhaust muffler shops use machines like that to bend exhaust piping all the time...If anything, maybe this machine doesn't have the fitment sizing to bend the exhaust piping maybe? Mild and extreme bends are always doable with non mandrell exhaust piping...

so, can it be used for exhaust piping?

all websites I've seen that mention it say it will just kink exhaust piping, as the walls are too thin.

Well exhaust piping will kink some on extreme bends but not so much on the mild bends when using the pipe benders..... You will always shrink the diameter of the exhaust piping at the bends when using the machine... Hense the term non-mandrel exhaust piping.....

Mandrel piping is bent piping with no kinks, pre-designed in most every case..... Best for exhaust flow...

However, I went with "2.50 non-mandrel piping for the longest time on my SC400... I then switched to 2.25 Mandrel piping and didn't notice a damn difference between the two... My guess is my 2.50 non-mandrel piping was really 2.25 or so at the bend points... It's was cheapest solution for high flowing exhaust at the time.. The key is to keep the bends to minimum and you will be good with the non mandrel exhaust...

Those are pipe kinkers, not tubing benders. Big difference. The JD2 draws the tube around a mandrel for a smooth kink-free bend.

Here's my tube bender: (JD2 converted to hydro by yours truly)

http://jd2.toolandfab.com

For exhaust bends, buy mandrel bends and get out the welder. :D

Death by Bass I almost forgot that you are a little punk with a big attitude... Hmmmm?

I dont have an attitude, but I'm sick of idiots who try to look smart when they have no idea what they're talking about.

you seem to be getting very good at this!

edit: now you're meant to try and argue why you were right (when obviously you were wrong) and explain to us how this bender can be used for exhaust piping (when clearly it can't)

well, go on... lets hear it :) lol

Seriously speaking Death, I just suggested that it may be used for exhaust pipe bending but by no means stated it can do it.. I don't know for sure what that stupid machine of yours can do.. I just made a suggestion to try and help you out, I should have known better, a wasted post.... Remember, you are the one asking what does it do and not me? I just made a suggestion like everyone else, a possibility and not a fact on what it maybe used for..I saw a similar pipe bending machine used in an exhaust shop to bend exhaust piping and that's it....It appears your just looking to start some more sheeat as usual...

I don't think I know everything pal, but what I do know is your a punk kid with a bad attitude...Just look at your screen name, that about sums it up to me... Need I say more? I had trouble with you in the past on other threads. I may elect to ignore you from this point forward...

Now go use your little pipe bender and go bend something with it..... Who's the idiot now? Gee what do I use this for, what is it? Ahhhhh, drrrr, it looks like a 12 ton pipe bender but I'm not sure? Drrrrr? I'm the waterboy drrrrrr, and I have a wooden spoon....Drrrrr!!! I'm death by base, I mean death by bass...:07: