1 uzfe Manual transmision on a low budget

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Heads off, all looks good, gaskets were fine so I maybe could have left them alone. Does anyone know what colour the sealer is that is used from the factory? Im guessing some joker who thinks he can swing a spanner has been in this motor before. The two water transfer pipes ( aluminium cast items that run between the two heads, one front one at the back) were PLASTERED with grey silicone type sealant. The vast majority of which I found on the inside blocking about 50% of the area of the pipe!! I cant belive this is from the factory. I would have thought they would have been fitted clean with just the gaskets. The more I think about it the more I want to flip the block over and pull the pan back off as the aluminium cast section between the main block and steel sump pan has been sealed to the block with the same grey sealant??? Maybe the same "mechanic" was in the bottom end too. I think the heads are going get the works while there off, porting job and maybe some special treatment Ill keep to myself for now. I just hope the bottom end is unmolested. Im going to have to have a peek at it I guess for piece of mind.