1991 Hilux Pickup-1 UZFE with manual trans in the UK

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cervus

Hi All

I'm in Wales, UK and after much reading & research I have decided to take the plunge & rip out my 2.4NA diesel from my pickup & put in a 1 UZFE with a manual transmission (I only know of 1 other like this in the UK). I've got a LS400 as the doner vehicle & am now trying to source the parts needed to keep the manual transmission (adapter plate, uprated clutch, etc). Having read various articles & posts on here I am trying to contact Phil Bradshaw who I believe is able to supply that transmission parts I would need. Does anyone have his email address so that I can contact him please, thanks.

For interest here are a couple of pics of my truck as it now is (4" suspension lift & 2" body llift, 35x13.5x15 tyres), and a link to a build thread on the Hilux Pickup Owners Club in the UK.

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

//http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/index.php?showtopic=28835&st=0

I can't seem to get the photos to show in this thread, if someone can let me know how I will do so.

Many thanks in advance

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress! I'm planning on buying a US 1990-1994 XtraCab Pickup and doing a 1UZ swap as time/money allows.

Any good threads to read to find out more about this?

Any advice on what to look for in a Truck that would be better for this kind of a swap? V6 vs. I4? Auto vs. Manual?

Good looking truck btw! I wish we could get Beds like that in the US lol.