1 uzfe in 2nd gen Surf w/o body lift

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

demondada

Hey guys! Im very new here and have learnt all that i know from reading up on these forums.
So the deal is im swapping in a 1UZFE in my 2.4 diesel surf but im not going with a body lift, so i can anyone pleeease guide me as to what kind of issues can i face in doing so. To make matters interesting, im hailing from Pakistan, so i do not have any fancy gadgetry that would make life easier.

Plus im sticking with the lex auto tranny and mating the transfer case of my 2.4, will i have to re-size the drive shafts?

Thanks a million in advance!!

demondada

No need to modify the driveshafts, but you will have to modify the oil pan (sump) to clear the steering link rod, and possibly the flanges on the exhaust manifolds to clear the torsion bars.
The parking brake pulley will need relocating the other side of the firewall or re-mounting further down.
You will also need an oil filter bracket from a Soarer/SC400 to clear the chassis rail.
Shift levers remain in their stock locations.
All my conversions have had a 2" bodylift, but I have wired up a non bodylift conversion and all the items above are what I noticed that needs doing.

Hope that helps.